Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Rem Robots

38 people visited this site yesterday. A couple of days ago I set the comment thing so that anyone could leave comments and the last post was spammed ... I think that is the term. Robots! I knew it! So I re-set the thing though I don't know if it'll make much difference since these robots seem to have sites in bloggyland.

Even if the 38 visitors were all robots, it's still a lot of robots. Actually, that's the most Masai Warriors and robots to have visited the blog in one day.

I'll tell you boys from the other side of the galaxy, what I'm supposed to be doing.

I'm supposed to be becoming a rich and famous novelist. To this end I have a webpage with six or so unpublished novels and an unproduced play. It's been up since February and is getting about ten or so hits a week just now, but none of them from literary agents, the reason it was set up. I suppose I've got a better chance of being asked out by Madonna than getting a literary agent, but how can you tell? How many wishes in a wishing well?

The other thing I'm supposed to be doing is raising inner heat. This is the basis of the 6 dharmas of Naropa. The inner heat thing is going quite well, considering I have lots of time off for running about, getting drunk and going to stuff in the Edinburgh Festival. So, I've been a bit of a disgrace to the juju since I got back from the fabulous Samye Ling. God, it was only a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I should count that in pints of beer consumed.

Of course, I haven't written anything all August (except this!) and my discipline has been terrible recently. So as of this week, the hammer is on, the lash is out!

Unfortunately, I bumped into my uncle Peter on Sunday as I was staggering by Deacon Brodies Bar. My uncle Peter half owns Mainstream Publishing and if it wasn't for having relatives in the book business, I'd never have had my first book, City Whitlight, published. So I'll go to the pub to see him tomorrow, but after that ..... the lash!

1 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Uncle Peter's a publisher. Now everything starts to make sense. You're churning out the bestsellers so that when Uncle dies and leaves you the business, you can flood the market with Celtic fiction. Have you heard of false consciousness?

I noticed you neglected to comment on one of my posts. Is there someone else?

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.