Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Ra Happy Days Are Here Again!

1:30p.m.
No more working till Monday! Yes, yes, yes!

One good thing (actually, the jobbie was good this week!) about the work was getting some kids interested in reading the books recommended by Rosemary Canter, the kidsbook agent from PFD. These were Wind Singer and Missing. I'll have the Wind Singer books by Monday and all I need then is a big bottle of fizz and a packet of chocolate biscuits. Kids are so happy if you can just give them a drink of juice and a biscuit. So that's happening.

The weather is weird today. Sulty and oppressive and warm at the end of August? I'm almost tempted to take my simmit off! Then there's what's on the telly. New Orleans. The domestic bliss is going there next month for a conference of barber shop choruses. I kid you not. Looks like she'll need a paddle.


Someone arrived here after sticking Ancient Futures into Google. Odd that since no one knows anything about that book unless they've looked at this blog. The term that gets most folk here is still wet teeshirts. At least, "sitting on my head" doesn't feature anymore!

People still come here looking for Anjali Pratap, who works with AP Watt. Anjali was going to read some stuff of mine, but I haven't heard anything for about a month or so.

This is the best I've felt about leaving work on a Wednesday that I can remember. The juju has been going very, very well since I last blogged despite having to go to work.

I've talked about a kind of sheath effect in my body that this bliss and heat (whatever it is) seems to operate with. Or through. Or goes on at the same time. There's been a lot of business there over the last few days. Last night I was sitting up in the allotment and thinking that this was the bit where I sometimes grow a little apprehensive. Another road without maps.

Is it the "spirit" from the old holy rollers saying, "the spirit moves strongly in me today! Hallelujah!"? I assume not.

You can grow a wee bit apprehensive because it's not yours. You're not completely in control of it. I do something like sit quietly doing nothing and something else is checking in to do whatever it's doing. It seems to be getting stronger and moving higher. There might be some kind of transformation going on here, but what's transforming and what's it transforming into? I don't really have anyone to talk to about this and, besides, what is there to say? Except let's hear it for the solitary realising foe destroyers!

In the old Tibetan stories maybe you go to your guru and tell him stuff. He seems to always say keep meditating. It's empty whatever it is. But it's accelerating. Meditating at first is quite hard, but if you do it for long enough it becomes irresistable. It's from the tiny trickle stopping and starting to the big estuary unstoppably washing into the ocean. Sometimes over the last few days it's seemed like the last bit. Sometimes I think if I let go of the pollutants (drink/drugs, etc) .... well, maybe there all that's keeping my feet on the ground. But forward, forward! All my plans are simple! So I'm off to the allotment to investigate ra bliss and count my lucky stars!

2 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I suppose the hard part is trying to steer the kids away from Harry Potter.

The way you describe the bliss today, it sounds less like natural valium and more like an adventure into the dark unknown.

I suppose sometimes it might bring up the fear of never finding the way back again. I guess you just have to remember that you always have, and trust that you always will. If one day you stop posting, we'll know why.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Cast adrift! No solidity. Various frozen light thingies. Self clinging. It's thoughts arising from the pollutants. Don't pollute and straight into ra bliss! Remember not to bring yourself. This doesn't even help me! Hotboy

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.