Saturday, September 17, 2005

Ra Rowing Boat!

2:00 a.m. Saturday morning.
How wonderful it is to have a rowing boat! Just spent a wonderful evening with Gilliebabes, family and friends. I smoked tobacco. I drank beer. I would have eaten some dead animals if I'd had a chance. What a release! But what a wonderful thing is a rowing boat!

Now I have three days. It only takes me a few moments to row almost half way round the world and I will be on the Unheard of and McDonald Islands. Here in the cave, you come out in the morning and how gorgeous it looks. The light. The fantastic totally clear light. The penguins.

You are not peculiar if you are on your own, looking down at the beach. There is no one else there. You are only peculiar when someone else is looking at you. Otherwise, in the solitude, you would just have to contend with manipulating ra bliss. Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream ...

4 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I'm half-way through the sensei's novel, Of Darkness And Light. He writes very well, that and the familiarity of the Glasgow West End locations makes it seem very real to me. Luckily there were fewer murders there in my day.

I think I saw your boat land, through binoculars. Enjoy your stay. Enjoy the light. Feel free to take the penguins with you when you leave. They're nothing but thieving buggers and scroungers. They wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in the 3rd reich.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

I remember reading that book with great enjoyment. I'll re-read it if the copy I had ever turns up in my room. You'd be interested to compare your background with that described at the start of Get Out As Early As You Can. Some brilliant writing in that as well. Hotboy

1:26 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:27 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Did you by any chance ask Gilliebabes to tell our Caribbean friend about the LP?

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.