Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Ra First Go!

Wednesday 11 a.m.
I realised I was on holiday yesterday. I knew I was on holiday, but I kept thinking I'd go into work, then I felt as if I was on holiday. Weird. I happened when I started trying to re-write this book. I wrote a note. Does this have an underlying theme? I never ask myself questions like. Then I wrote: Does it need one? I thought I'd better have a wee think about this and lay on the floor. Then I fell asleep for two hours. That's a good indication about being on holiday. You can sleep when you want and get up when you want.

Funnily enough, I had no interest in beer last night at all. It's better if you think your steps are guided even if they aren't. My steps were guided over to the beer because I wasn't ready for that much bliss. Now, something has occurred and the beer monster has suddenly gone away. Rather strange really.

The underlying theme, I think, is about not going back. Forward, forward! All my plans are simple!
1:00 p.m.
Here's the new start of the novel. I think you can tell that ra bliss will figure prominently!

The bliss is the hit God would give himself if he dealt drugs. The bliss is the best of feelings. If you can think of a better feeling than bliss, you can call that feeling bliss.
Unfortunately, you will probably have had no experience of bliss because you are a flathead. Flatheads don’t get bliss. Since I am a Scottish person from the west, I could put that a different way. Flatheids don’t get ra bliss. Ra bliss, ra bliss.

So this is a novel about how to move towards ra bliss. Being a novel, you aren’t expected to believe the story, just follow it. But though there will be some disembowelling and murders almost right from the beginning, remember if you want to keep reading that the stuff about ra bliss is the true stuff. The rest is just a way to tell flatheids about ra bliss and maybe let you in on some of the awfulness and gruesome events taking place in a bog standard secondary school near you.

We'll I've got a new beginning. I think I can go to sleep for a bit now!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

I wish I were on holiday, making my schedule of sleep when I wanted. That is so nice,isn't it? Good luck with your new book....moving forward is always good. It is too hard to live in the past.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: I believe most Americans work awful hard and long hours. I want to complain all the time. But I am on holiday! What's to complain about?

7:57 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Funnily enough, I too lay down yesterday afternoon for a rest. An hour later I woke up, just in time for happy hour. What a fortunate creature I am. As you wisely say, what's to complain about?

But to get down to business - great start on the book Hotboy, you picked up the postmodernist writing trick pretty fast. I don't think the buddhist guidebook cum murder mystery cum personal journal genre's been done yet. We'll clean up!

Have you started the re-write of Alma Mater yet? Or do you plan to work the runaway truck into the new book? Either way, I don't mind. You're the writer.

1:55 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! Your description of the book is spot on! This has made me stop writing it. What is the point when I could steal shopping bags from old ladies and never starve! You'll have to find out what the penguins like and I'll write something for them. I think it has to be a song since they can't read. I can't sing. How is your singing voice? Hotboy

3:38 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

My Dear Hotboy,

The opening line is certainly an improvement on the opening line: "It was on the occasion of my fourtieth birthday..." which, personally, I felt might not have universal appeal.

MM III

7:10 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! The opening line of The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf is "I should have been wearing my Indiana Jones hat ..." Fab opening line. Unfortunately, it might be gone down hill right after that! Hotboy

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.