Sunday, October 23, 2005

Ra Noise Blockers!

Sunday 11:25 a.m.
It's my wonderful daughter's 18th birthday today. I got her a pair of noise blockers, similar to the ones I'm wearing at the moment. This is so that when the fire alarms go off in her student digs, she can put on the noise blockers and make a leisurely exit. She's been out of the house a month now.

Just before she was born, I went to see a writer called Tom McGrath. He got me three grand from the Scottish Arts Council as a writer's bursary and that was a great help at the time. I've never thanked him properly. I had a chance yesterday at the Traverse Theatre where there was a wee event for his 65th birthday. Of course, I never spoke to him. I never speak to anyone. I did speak to Stephen Greenhorn for a moment. He was in the panel saying how much effect Tom McGrath had on his life. He mentioned the sensei and reverend. Tom McGrath mentioned the importance of literary scenes. Knowing other writers. That's why I never speak to writers or anyone if I can help it. If I'd had been even a little bit successful, I might not have had time to chase ra bliss!

I've been trying to ease off on the meditations for the last few days. Or, I haven't been getting up early to do any. This doesn't seem to matter. I was at the theatre on Friday night as well. Sitting there, just sitting there watching the play and here comes ra bliss. Same with yesterday afternoon in the theatre. Great globules of ra bliss arising while I'm just sitting there. Same thing happened on the train last night to Glasgow. Just leave me alone with a straight back and I'm away with the fairies. How odd! This morning I could feel the chakras (f0r want of a better word!) opening up in my neck and head while I was lying in bed. This gives you sensations of space and bliss.

Filthy, horrible day here in Edinburgh. Overcast, drizzly. I'll meditate on and off till three then go and see my lovely daughter.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Happy Birthday daughter of Hotboy! Is that hotchild? Hotdaughter? The later sounds a bit too naughty. Glad your ra bliss is arising uncontrollably. I'll be heading back into practice very soon...yay! Ra Bliss for me!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ra bliss, Ra bliss! We could all do with a bit more of ra bliss. Exhilerations have got to be good. Feeling exhilerated. Drenched in ra bliss! Hotboy

8:24 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Tom McGrath, what a nice guy (I never met him but saw a TV prog about him). And he plays jazz piano. So did R. D. Laing. All the best people do. Some of them play ukulele instead. Could you thank him by email? He'd probably be delighted.

Noise blockers for the dochter, a good move. With luck she'll avoid developing the maddening tinnitus, which I got after they installed an industrial-grade siren on the stairway at work. It used to go off several times a day.

Which reminds me, I was talking to a guy at the weekend who says he used to go off up to 20 times a day when he was young. What a champ.

I think this should really be a post at my place. There I go again. Have a good (half) week hotboy.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.