Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Ra Sevens

Tuesday 6:15 p.m.
Lee Ann tagged me to do these seven things.
7 things to do before I die.

1. Emanate as a deity
2. Revisit the Himalayas
3. Give up gainful employment
4. Become happy in solitary confinement
5) Be one of the people in the Sugar Ray/Tommy Hearns fight
6) Write a good book about becoming a living saint
7) Write about becoming a living saint with lots of girlfriends

7 things I can do

1. Stand on my head
2. Sit in a lotus
3. Go into a lotus while standing on my head
4. Roll my eyeballs up till only the whites show.
5. Go a bike.
6. Threat stare the mirror.
7. Skip

7 things I cannot do.

1. Also, speak a foreign language, except Gaelic (You hod 'im an Ah'll heider 'im)
2. Get books published.
3. Network.
4. Emanate as a deity.
5. (millions of other things)

7 things I say a lot.

1. Om Mani Padme Hung
2. Om Ah Hung Vajra Guru Padme Siddhi Hung
3. Susquehanna
4. Basturns!
5. This is not a lap dancing club (at school!)
6. Hope you like that.
7. Did you like that?

7 things I find attractive in a woman.

1) The usual bumpy bits.
2) Humour
3) Money
4) Intelligence

7 celebrity crushes

1) Marlyn Monroe
2) Jane Russell
3) Jane Mansfield
4) Mae West
5) Haley Berry
6) Pamela Anderson
7) Jean Simmons

Doesn't look good, does it? Thank god there so many ways of not writing your book!

8 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Looks very good! Good "I can do" list. Hotboy, sometimes I think you do speak a foreign language by the different types of words you use. I like the word "knackered", do you say that one much?
..."the usual bumpy bits"...I like that ;)

7:10 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: Knackered might come from knackers yard. I think they might have boiled down old horses there and made them into glue. It means tired though there might be other connotations. No doubt our friend in Malawi will let us know. Scunnered is a good word. That's a Scottish word. Hotboy

8:38 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

What does scunnered mean? We don't use either of those words here, at all! We should though!

11:11 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

LA and HB - according to the Taipei Times, our nearest daily newspaper, "scunnered" means "annoyed, discontented, or bored, nauseated or disgusted".

The Oxford English Dictionary records that the poet William Dunbar used it in the early 16th century.

(http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/world/archives/2005/06/10/2003258714)

As you say HB, one meaning of "knackered" is very tired, as in "I'm too knackered to meditate this evening".

Another meaning of "knackered" is broken, as in "I knackered my knee trying to get my toe in my mouth".
Pleased to help, robmcj.

4:57 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Menzies is that you?

11:41 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! Yon boy's from India! The Buddha book on the site is set in India, some of it. If he was my agent, I could visit Kerala which would be great! I could offer a hundred grand and send a penguin round with it! Hotboy

1:47 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

The local equivalent of 'knackered' hereabouts, to indicate that something is broken, is 'bu*ger*d'.

As in "The jinglamoto is bu*ger*d and does not run well. Can you fix it?"

or

"The fridge is bu*ger*d and all the greens are warm."

The word is said with some sadness, to indicate, I believe, that Western advances don't always match up to expectations.

'Jinglamoto' is the local word for motorbike - as in a moto (car) that makes a jingle-jingle sound.

MM III

7:04 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - I fear you need to renegotiate the northern hemisphere rights with Lee Ann before you go giving them away, or the legal expenses could bankrupt us. PS I prefer the bumpy bits all nice and smooth, but your taste is none of my business.

Hafi - which hemisphere is kerala in? If it's south, I'm sorry but I've got that territory covered already, under my stewardship the sales are almost sky high.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.