Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ra Cycling Weather!

Sunday 7:50 p.m.
So I'm walking through Stockbridge and noticing the buildings, pavements, buses, etc., arising, abiding and declining in mind. I struck me at the time that nothing I could see was made manifest by anybody with a university degree. They don't put up the buildings, lay the pavements, or drive the buses. Apart from those people with degrees in things like science, medicine, or whatever ... what is the point of wanting everyone to have a degree? The government says they want 50% of school leavers to go to uni.

My brother Silvest (row of forty medals on his chest, big chest!) was telling me he's been offered a chance to work in London to help build the stuff for the Olympics in 2012. He's a brickie and is 67 years old. They do not have enough brickies because we have turned them all into telephone senitisers with media studies degrees!

You'll probably end up getting told to see the shrink if you end up in one of these psuedo professional jobbies. Yesterday I was out cycling with Brian Wilson. Today it was Poisonous. We've all been to see the shrink. The shrink declared Brian Wilson sane (what a laugh!) and told Poisonous he was normal. This shrink will be getting paid eighty grand a year for this twaddle. Any fool could see that Brian Wilson is off his trolley and that Poisonous is a complete psychopath.

Yesterday I took the cyclepath to Leith and met Brian Wilson at the Shore. Dearie me. The boy's borderline schizophrenic at least. Round three corners, got lost, nearly got killed, couldn't find where we were supposed to be going, and back to the Shore for two pints for me. Today Poisonous was more productive. Take a psychopath with you every time. He shows up to collect me around three from the allotment, and he's dressed like he's just left the Afrika Corps. Mr Neatness.

Nice run to Cramond. We went into the Cramond Inn. What a wonderful pub! It's full of real ales and I bought two pints of beer for £3:64. A moral quandary. I last bought a pint of Guinness in Deacon Brodie's for £3:05, so I thought she'd only charged me for one. But, no! Pints of real ale at 4.5% for £1:82. There is a God in heaven after all!

I've decided to think of this day as the start of me writing a new book. After this, I'll write that down. The date. Then some staring and thinking.

5 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

The government wants 50% of parents to vote for them, but what else can they do in a democracy? Make statespersonlike decisions?

The Parthenon was built before they had universities. All it takes is a couple of brickies handy with a trowel. You'd think I'd be able to get someone to fix the hole in my roof. If I pay the brother's fare over here, would he do it? That might help.

You didn't say what the shrink said about you.

PS - It would help me if we knew the kind of real ale.

3:26 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Onan? Is it you? The shrink told me he'd be able to hear me better if I took the banana out of my ear! Hotboy p.s. Brickies will be charging more than dentists soon!

11:33 AM  
Blogger ion said...

You try finding a skilled plumber when one is needed! My bathroom is a disgrace and hanging off the walls, but can I afford a plumber? Not on my wages!

The city once known as Leningrad but once again as St Petersburg was built by 200,000 dead souls commissioned or owned by Peter the Great, who sacrificed their lives for such a city.

I agree with the principle that young people should be free to advance their intellectual capacity, but am far from assured that 50% should be in uni. It just leaves more of us to compete for low wages and overqualified exemptions.

Shrink said I am normal. Is that dumbing down?

11:43 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: The shrink! What a way to make a living! Everybody's normal! Hotboy

1:48 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: The shrink! What a way to make a living! Everybody's normal! Hotboy

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.