Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ra Day!

Thursday 10:12 p.m.
Felt fine at 7:30 a.m. due to the no beer policy and meditated in the bedroom, living room and lobby till the back of one. By this time I'd also read the paper, stood on my head, enjoyed immensely a Tai Chi set, baked the bread and made the soup. But mainly doing the juju. I tell myself that I will give up ra beer for a year now. This is well within my scope. Did it twice, at least, before. You know it makes sense. Tired out from all the digging, cycling, etc., but most optimistic.

In the morning everything is arising.

I had two things to do and I wanted to do something in the afternoon besides meditating. So I went out and got a bus up to Princes Street to get a present for my maw's birthday ... and, lo, the world had changed! It was the summertime! Never have I seen an April day like today. How wonderful! And horrible. We know we're going to get a real spanking for this one!

I'm in Bert's Bar and drinking coke and reading the sensei's book about Zen. Then I'm in the Botanic Gardens reading the sensei's book about zen. Then I sat in the allotment (like I did with his last book last summer) and I had to put my jacket over my head the sun was so hot. And I finished his book up there. Most enjoyable.

It's really a different kind of a thing. Now that I've had a while to think about it, it was more than a little bit unusual. It's new and I think it works. You could see it as a book and how it would work and sell.

I read a book by Kurt Vonnegut about four years ago. How much I enjoyed it! Liberal (US) and funny. Amusing. I saw Kurt Vonnegut when I was in third year at Edinburgh University. Was Adam House a place? The William Robertson Building? I had no idea who he was. Nick Phillipson was the lecturer who'd brought him. He did a wee burst of saying stuff at the end. I remember a lot of what he said actually. He said don't take a percentage of the gross. Take the money up front since these film companies just disappear. I read all his books later. He was bothered about not giving up the fags because they killed his sister, or something. Great voice. Well, thanks for the books, Kurt! That's a wee bit of froth on the edge of existence I'm glad to have been a witness to!

I've had few disadvantages. I'll have to think for a long time before I can remember what disadvantages I might have had.

Are we pack animals? You have to be admired and loved in the pack if you're a dog or else your head will drop.

After meditating for seven hours today, I lost heart and went out for the beer.

13 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

I get no respect from the pack here, but I find self-love makes up for that. Saves time, too, you can forget parties and visiting people, and all that wasteful travelling time.

Was it Erdinger at least?

When I lived in Australia, the Liberal Party was the name of the tories, probably cos the whole country is upside down and the world has to balance up.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Onan? Is that you at last? Would you like to swop? Hotboy

12:48 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Onan! Three Schneider Sweisse and one wifebeater (a can, but 5.2%) Is this a sin? I think it is. The
Taleban are now among us! Oh, no!Hotboy

1:24 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

So you have to run with the pack or be eaten, right!!

Cheers Hotboy!

3:06 AM  
Blogger ion said...

Once we all learn to live without sleep, springs and summers will be wonderful- all that sunlight! Is your secret garden at the Botanics one of the wee hideyholes behind the beech hedge? The Dog Whisperer on telly disagrees about pack dynamics. Only the alpha dog gets lots of positive feedback.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: the wee garden is behind the big house. Hotboy
Lee Ann: It's the weekend again! Hotboy

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say!

Giving up the beer didn't last for a year. It didn't seem to last for a day! Where's your willpower?

Sad news about Kirt.

MM III

2:56 PM  
Blogger ion said...

That would be Kurt, MMIII, unless he was wearing a kirtle when he popped of this mortal coil. 'Venus on the Half-Shell' by Kilgore Trout was perhaps my favourite, followed by the one about Ice-Nine.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Sounds like you have been really productive. Good luck on giving up beer! I am trying to give up coffee.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin'! The hardest thing to give up is day dreaming. The beer lets you day dream! Sometimes that seems like a help! Hotboy

5:54 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

MyUtopias: No beer tonight and it's Friday. It's all getting a bit serious this, eh? Hotboy

8:57 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Lee Ann - running with the 6-pack.

3:37 AM  
Blogger rob said...

ion - you're brave, mentioning spelling around here.

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.