Monday, April 09, 2007

Ra Back Tomorrow!

Monday 9:00 p.m.
An emanation of the Medicine Buddha offered to make us lunch on Sunday, so I was in Morningside, in the midst of evil bourgeois land, sitting on a bench out the back garden when I had one of the top five meditations ever. Superbo! Fabuloso! Oh, ra bliss!

I think they were getting a wee bit worried inside and the emanation came out to see if I was okay. One of these days folk will be so used to me sneaking off to do ra bliss that it won't be worth a comment!

I was in Greyfriars Kirk on Friday night to hear the plain chanting person I know. There was a choral premier by the joe called James McMillan. He's a tim composer. I had my eyes shut throughout, but doing ra bliss with these wonderful sounds in the background was a bit special. Before anyone arrived, I got there and waited in the graveyard, sitting on a flat gravestone and gazing at the wonderful bare tree, very black against a darkening cloudy grey sky. It was hard not to be aware of the history in the space around you. Of course, if you'd been a tim there around the 1640s, the only way you'd be in that place was if you were hanging from one of the trees! Dearie me. Not fair at all, Hotboy! The democrat in me is presbyterian!


I've had an especially good weekend. It all part of the wonderful existence I'm leading now that I'm trying to practice the vajrayana. Why are you a flatheid again, Jack? Because I'm the spam robot, and your audience, Hotboy. Well done then, Jack. Well done.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

I am glad you had a particularly good weekend. I hope your week goes as well.

3:46 AM  
Blogger ion said...

Splendid! You had a blissheid tim Easter! Greyfriars has real atmosphere, and the gravestones with skulls and crossbones or walking skeletons a warning to us all. I will not hear Morningside maligned, for it contains the Hermitage of Braid.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: Have a nice week, Lee Ann. Hotboy
Ion: I hope you had a nice weekend too! Greyfriars was great. I'm gradually getting plain sung through the catalogue of nice, Edinburgh churches! Hotboy

1:16 PM  
Blogger Just a toy said...

What can I say about a person that enjoys sitting in the graveyard?

1:31 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

~xo
:)

3:16 AM  
Blogger rob said...

Was Greyfriars Bobby therefore a Proddy Dog, if he's buried there?

7:02 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Toyo! Never occurred to me that it was spooky! Been burying folk there for 500 years though, anyway.Hotboy
Onan? Is it you? The dog was an atheist, or it would have realised the joe wasn't in the grave. Maybe just a bit thick! Hotboy

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.