Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Ra Beer Monster Reduction Update!

Wednesday 8:50 p.m.
Just back from the allotment... and what fantastically brilliant weather!... and before soaking in the bath, I weighed in at eleven stone thirteen pounds! A loss of four pounds since the last weigh in and this down to eating less of my home made bread! Oh, what nutritious breid! Half of a one and a half kilo bag of wholegrain flour. Yeast, water, salt. A wee touch of sugar to get the yeast going. That's it. Surely, another case for the putative Hut Manager.

So I'll make any rich people a loaf of this super bread every day for say ... make me an offer. If Amazon can deliver next day, why not? Totally hand done, of course. And mantra-ed over, and with a grain of the cosmic, magical medicine from the Medicine Buddha in every loaf!

I'll be worth a fortune in no time!

For if you bake bread with indifference, you bake bread that feeds but half man's hunger. Kahil Gibran. The wall.

I was thinking of bringing a touch of millennialism into the Amazing Bloggy Church of the Bad Boy Blissheid. Like, the weather was wonderful today! Very, very unusual. This global warming will be great for Scotland in the short term. And then ... one day the Gulf Stream shuts off and it's freezing cold for months and months around these parts. Everybody dies! Except, of course, for the blissheids with the yogi joe central heating systems, known as ra inner fire. And thus will end the reign of the flatheids! Of course, it'll have to wait a bit since I couldn't dry off a postage stamp at the moment! Anyway, yous have all had it if yous don't meditate, so there!

And don't think you can get into the hut with me! It's just for me and the Australian Ladies Volleyball Team and that's it!

Is it fair to frighten people for their own good? Does the Nazi Papa really believe there is a real place called Hell with the eternal damnation and all that? Or is he just trying to freak people out for their own good?

For the aliens from Outer Space who come to this bloggy and have been following the ABC of the BBB one step at the time route to being able to get out of your face on air... it is now time to move to step two!

For the spam robot who can't remember anything...Hello, Jack! The first step went like this. You sat with a straight back and said Mumbo Jumbo to yourself for as much as you could. Then, when you weren't doing that, you sometimes said to yourself: It's just a lot of old photons.

For step two you still say Mumbo Jumbo to yourself as much as your can when you're trying to meditate, but when you're walking about you should say to yourself: It all arises in mind, abides in mind, and declines in mind.

You don't have to think of the wee individual mind or the GREAT Big Mind for this. Where else can anything, or any thing arise?

Remember it's not about truth this. It's about being a bit more comfortable. So I was walking up Lothian Road today and the town looked great in the great weather. It just felt very nice that everything arose in mind ... blah, blah. Because it was the same with you, or your view of yourself. You are arising, abiding and declining, etc., along with everything else. It was a very in it together feeling. Embracing. It felt as if something had started to work. So I don't feel as if I own anything on Lothian Road. And I in the same way don't own the feelings I'm having. Arising, abiding, declining. Like thoughts. They are just there.

The lama told me to do mahamudra meditations, but I didn't know what he was talking about at the time. Now, I've forgotten what it means again. Anyway, I've been doing them more since I read the Moonlight On Mahamudra book last year down at the Samye ... in the wondeful summertime. Can't wait!

This is the fourth day without a beer again. And again. Don't you think that might have something to do with you losing the fat, Hotboy? Such admissions are heresy in front of certain women and needlessly encourages their condemnation of the innocent male passtime of sitting half pissed in front of the telly, Jack. So let us not talk of that again.

Oh, there's nothing so lonesome, lonely and queer! What a terrible place is a pub with no beer! Yon digger.

7 Comments:

Blogger ion said...

I liked this post a lot, but then I haven't slept for 2 days. We're s'posed to think in kilos these days, and I prefer it that way because the units mean nothing to me, unlike stones.

Some people tell me too much yeast ingestion in bread, cheese and wine cause yeasty skin problems, but if you're digesting it- not smearing it on- how?

Now I have a small income from a p/t jobbie I intend to take up T'ai Chi. I believe in breathing, which got me through two labours. Will this be helpful?

2:54 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: I went back to Tai Chi classes last week after a year off (from classes anyway). I've been doing the set for 11 years and can't speak highly enough of the benefits. It does help! There's plenty of classes around town. Hotboy

7:22 AM  
Blogger rob said...

You've had this great post in you all along. What a shame you couldn't have posted it years ago, and saved time.

ion - I find it helps to remember as the sage says, nothing exists beyond the skin. And the Tai Chi is good for everything. Hope you enjoy it. Yes, the breathing helps the Tai Chi and vice versa, which is as one would expect. There are different styles of Tai Chi. Any decent teacher should be happy to let you join a class for a free lesson to let you check out his/her interpretation.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: Is it true if you ingest sulphur, you can shake it out of your socks the next day? Can't be! Does curry powder come out of your skin? Why do some ethnic groups smell different? Hotboy
Onan? Is it you? We've waited long enough. I can't give up ra beer. I need to make beer money! If I bumped off your Bavarian aunties now, no one would suspect. Let's do it! What do you say? Hotboy

8:56 PM  
Blogger rob said...

The less I know the better. 75/25 split?

3:37 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

A pub with no beer? Absurd!

I wish I was close enough to taste that bread. I am afraid that it would go stale by the time it got to me!

Have a wonderful weekend Hotboy!
~xo

5:06 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Onan! I'll save up for the train fair! Hotboy
Lee Ann: Have a great Easter weekend! Hotboy

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.