Friday, April 13, 2007

Ra Auld Maw!

Friday 6:00 p.m.
My auld maw was asked by my sister, when my sister was near to death, if she loved her. My auld maw said that anyone could say they loved her, but she was there every day making sure she was cleaned, changed and fed.

I was thinking about my auld maw when I was reading the sensei's book yesterday. She sprung to mind because I'm actually quite well behaved for a male Hotboy. And there's a lot of us around. He said: "Compassion is not about making excuses for a person's atrocious behaviour. Forgiveness is not about turning a blind eye. A compassionate view is a view that does not blame, but does not excuse, because it does not exclude."

Oedipus Smedipus! Who cares so long as the boy loves his mother?

It might be easier to develop compassion if you're brought up in a mining community where sometimes things are a bit tough for everyone. How much harder it must be for the evil bourgeois with the big walls around their families.

They're all going to hell. You know that, don't you, Jack? I thought there wasn't any hell, Hotboy. It's only for them, Jack. Christ said it was easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle ..., Jack, and the Nazi Papa dissolved Limbo. Where else are they going to go?

My auld maw was eighty eight today. I gave her a three CD set of Buddhist teachings and a wee purse containing half of the magical medicine from the Medicine Buddha himself. Mantra-ed for twenty four hours a day for seven days. The best presents are ones you can't buy.

I got home to a letter from the bank. I have inadvertently gone over my overdraft limit by £20 and have,it seems, incurred a penalty of £30 for this transgression. No wonder they're all going to hell!


Whilst sowing brussel sprouts last week ... I think the medicine is seeds. Tiny wee seeds. I could try germinating a few and multiply the factor of seediness by thousands by growing whatever they are. Or I could get hundreds of bags of similar seeds and put a grain of my seeds in it .... where's the Hut Manager? We'll clean up! We will! We will!

8 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

What is this medicine you speak of? If you can grow it, send some to me! ;)
Happy birthday to your mom! Wow, 88, that is awesome.
That overdraft thing works the same way over here. If you overdraw by $5, they will charge you another $30 for doing so. Don't they understand, if you didn't have the $5, that you are certainly not going to have another $30? It can snowball too if more things clear after that without having the proper funds in place! WOW....nightmare!
Have a wonderful weekend Hotboy!
~xo

12:12 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: They've already told the banks here that this is illegal, but the banks have just ignored that because it's how they make all their money. The £20 overlooked was a cheque sent to the credit card company ... owned by the bank ... it just didn't clear for a while! Rip off! Hotboy

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say!

You can apply for compensation from the bank, for the mental anguish which turned you back to drink. Take them to court! You'll be awarded millions!

Wih respect to the drink - it IS possible to just ask for a soda pop. Yes, it is. I tried it once, and it worked for me.

I'm sure this helps.

MM III

11:49 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Oft have I had non-alcoholic beverages in ra pub, but afterwards you'd spent some money and you feel just the same. Surely, that can't be right! Hotboy

1:33 PM  
Blogger ion said...

Something learned about ageing and older folk is that they don't want more possessions and tat. They don't need stuff, but experience. Thus a present of medicine seeds sounds quite the best possible. Tell us, will yer maw listen to the CDs, or was that really for your benefit?

7:29 PM  
Blogger Just a toy said...

You're quite the complex person. Very touching bit of philosophy that you shared.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Toyo! It's from the sensei's book. You should ask to read it. Surely, we're all much more complex than we appear! Hotboy
Ion: My maw goes to sleep at night listening to audio tapes of the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying! So she's listen to them, I think, if she can work out how to play them! Hotboy

8:57 PM  
Blogger rob said...

Good answer by ra maw, as one would expect from an Aries.

Now I know why I bever get anywhere with the compassion. I have none, and it's not my fault. That helps.

Is the case against the banks still running? I hope they're running scared. Memo to my stockbroker - dump Royal Bank shares from the evil bourgeois portfolio.

A bit like your maw, I go to sleep at night listening to the BBC World Service, and wake up in the morning feeling great, with the radio still going. You can't beat British radio juju.

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.