Friday, January 12, 2007

Ra Gopi Krishna Joe Again!

Friday 6:45 p.m.
How the wind blew today! How the rain lashed! How wonderful! I sat in all day and meditated from most of the time. Just what the doctor ordered. Another couple of days like this and I'll be floating back to work on Monday morning.

Gopi Krishna keeps cropping up. The guy who did the last interview with him posted it onto my blog. It's here. Then I followed a google search which threw up my blog (from the statscounter thing) and came across a guy who'd tried to get this kundalini arousal, or kundalini torrent, to work. Must say I did enjoy reading this.

Ionetics sent me an email since she'd managed to finish Alma Mater. That was nice. Didn't seem to have any trouble getting through it, so I copied the email to my agent, Mr Adrian Weston. I've always assumed it was the worse book on that page, but she said it was "a page turner." Everybody has different tastes in books of course. (I'm going to be rich! Rich, I tell you!)

The flat has just gone empty. Here comes ra bliss! Here comes ra bliss!

1:15 a.m.
Good day. No beer again. No bother either. Superb meditations in the evening. I thought I should make an effort at pretending to be a writer today, so I read an old play I wrote about ten years ago. Didn't mind reading it. The dialogue is excellent. The play might be amusing enough. Dearie me. Still, it only took an hour. Maybe best to keep mulling over in odd moments what I fancy writing next. Give me another day like today. Let it rain! Let it blow!

6 Comments:

Blogger ion said...

I can state that I enjoyed 'Alma Mater', though very picky about fiction. Narrated through the protagonist's viewpoint, the perspectives of other characters were expressed by compelling dialogue, action or looming silence. This novel had time, place, speech and tempo, and captivated the reader. A page-turner and a sign of the times from the early 70s.

10% off the top please. ion x

8:44 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

My various reviews on Alma Mater are in the public domain, feel free to quote them in your publicity after the re-write.

Seriously, ion's view of Liz suggests you captured her essence.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: You've got the job! So glad you enjoyed reading it.
Adolf: Essence? It must be obvious from reading it that it was written by someone who didn't know how novels were supposed to be. A noble early attempt, I'd say.

10:42 PM  
Blogger ion said...

Liz becomes the 'eminence grise' and is for me the key character, whose muteness is the apposition to Jimmy's expression. The dynamics between them are the key to this novel and the tool to its success.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

RA RA! If you become rich, get me some ra bliss please!

12:32 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion|: I'd forgotten the names I'd given these characters. Some of the folk the characters might have been somewhat modelled on slightly appear in this blog sometimes.
Heather: I thought the polar bears had got you! More blogging please!

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.