Friday, January 05, 2007

Ra Moon!

Friday 5:42 p.m.
Like images seen in a dream; thus must we regard all things. Nagarjuna. The wall.

So where's the moon then? As you're reading this, it must be in your mind. You have a good idea of what I'm talking about: the moon. So the moon is definitely in your mind. What about objectively speaking...?

Well, Jack, that's very clever, that objectively speaking bit. I don't suppose monkeys can do that, the objectively speaking bit. They probably don't think stuff like, objectively speaking, when I am dead there will still be a moon there, just as it was there before I was born. So it exists other than as a thought, Hotboy.

How can you think about something without using thoughts? No matter how you think about it, you can't think without using your mind, objectively speaking.


This buddhist juju maybe starts making more sense when you think of everything as being a thought. Like, motor cars are thoughts. The park is a thought. I mean, the physically existing park is a thought. The moon is a thought.

Of course, in the Amazing Bloggy Church of the Bad Boy Blissheid, we don't believe in thoughts.

Say there was a time before the earth, and before the sun, and before organic things had become compounded... and there were no live things to have any thoughts. There can't be any thought there. It's just all gas and photons and stuff. But is there awareness? Can you have awareness without having any thoughts? Mind is supposed to be like space with awareness, I think.

Within my wee ten seconds of non-self and emptiness in the interconnectedness, joined up, and threaded through with a kind of consciousness ... out of clock time .... I did think I was a focus of awareness, like a self observing beacon elevated somehow. It did occur to me later that we might be here to have the thoughts.

Since I observed the wholeness in flow in the same way as I observed the moon, I must admit that it will probably have been here before me and should outlast me. Fortunately, in some weird way it's also me.

I don't think awareness is just like ... cold. It could be totally zinging! Anyway, if when you're dead you're just dead, then how amazing to be alive!

7 Comments:

Blogger zomba said...

I say HotBoy!

I once came upon a baboon, in the Lower Shire, looking upon the moon, and I could swear that he was contemplating his objectiveness.

Anyway...whatever.

Mrs M and myself wish you the best of New Years. May your levels of bliss prosper to uncontemplated levels.

I have posted some snaps from the wedding we recently attended in Antigua. I'm sure they will appeal to your romantic side. You always were a romantic at heart, after all.

MM III

9:01 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I don't think the baboon needed that. Dearie me! God help the Ifricans! Hotboy

11:10 PM  
Blogger ion said...

Surprisingly, some of that makes sense to me, in that the reality inhabited is at least partly of one's own making. I'm reading about cladistics, which is allowing me to realise how nominal is much perception and assumed knowledge. I must make a note to stay away from juju :). It has been a great moon the last 2 nights, eh.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion:,It should look good all the time. Bit it noticed it tonight. Hotboy

1:55 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I agree...amazing to be alive.

3:35 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I thought I was making progress in the BB Church, but this must be the advanced level. It isn't helping. We don't have gas and photons here. Do you accept electronic transfers?

6:36 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Electronic transfers? Tattoos! As long as the bank will cash them! Hotboy

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.