Friday, January 05, 2007

Ris New Age!

Friday 1:22 p.m.
Giving up everything for three days was a piece of cake, but I had to do some refuelling for a social engagement yesterday. So I've stopped again today. Just now anyway. Until the flatheids force me to party again.

I've just stopped meditating in the lobby. I've found this sticker of the Medicine Buddha to stare at. I favour the Medicine Buddha because he's awful blue and the colours around him are right in your face, kind of dayglow. When you've been gazing for a bit, well, the colours change and the more psychedelic the better.

Doubts about deities; what are they? what are you supposed to do with them, etcetera all just disappeared when I was staring at this sticker. The Medicine Buddha has a reality as an illusion (the image on the sticker), but isn't that the way it is with everything else? You've got to realise that everything exists only in mind. You should be able to manipulate stuff from that. Anyway, although I've not had the empowerment, I'm going to use this image on the sticker to help cure my addictions this year. My head got round that during the meditation. Hmmm? That was good!

The effects of the vase breathing have gone right out the park again. A home run. The boy says the important thing is not ra bliss and the heat (lot of heat today!), but the primordial awareness creeping up. I think it's creeeping up sometimes. That' why the problems with the deity juju disappeared.

I'd like to just go back to the lobby and meditate the rest of the afternoon away, but it is a beautiful day and I think I should go a New Year's stroll round the Botanic Gardens and maybe have a wee read at the Kalachakra book. What a fortunate creature I am!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hotboy said...

Eric: I bought my first packet of fags (Silk Cut Silver) in five years on New Years Day. Gave it up again the next day! I think with giving up tobacco, you have to remember not to hate yourself for failing. Just wipe the slate clean and start giving up again the next day, or as soon as you can find some resolve. There is something really evil in tobacco which makes it really hard to give up. I think it might fit a receptor in your brain, but they don't know yet what usually fits that. Hmmm? Keep trying. Is it any worse than sitting in an igloo with sodgers for days on end? Much worse. But then it will get better and you won't be killing yourself anymore. Hotboy

5:34 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Hotters and Eric - I've read that tobacco is more addictive than heroin. I gave up when I got cancer. It really helps!

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.