Thursday, September 28, 2006

Ra Way, Ra Truth and Ra Light!

Thursday 10:07 p.m.
Light is electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength that is visible to the eye. Well, there is it. Hope we've cleared that one up. The boy who found out all this stuff about light used to live about five minutes from here. James Maxwell Clark. Einstein thought he was the bees knees. But what is it? I still don't get it.

I once wrote a radio play called The Real McCoy. The novel was written around the radio play. If you want to read a really good radio play (it got the best review in the Scotsman), read it on my webpage. Just miss out all the prose. A radio play imbedded in a novel! Nobody ever thought of that one! Anyway, there was all this stuff about light in it.

I'm still on emptiness here, sort of.

Everything in this room; the telly, me, the carpet, etc., is supposed to have started from a point without a circumference. It didn't have a circumference because there was no space, length, breadth, etc., before Ra Big Bang. So why is that not nothing. Something from nothing. This explanation appears to be stupid.

Before you get that far, it seems the maths requires more dimensions ... I can't remember if it's ten or sixteen... to work. I like that bit. That's where the heavens, hells, ghosts, may hang around. But no!

In the multi-universe system, you've got branes, or membranes .... like, universes sit like slices of loaves alongside one another and when they collide, you get a Big Bang and, voila, another universe. Really?

Say this loaf is sitting in a whole shelf of loaves in a bakery in a street in another universe and where did that come from? Oh yes! From a point without a circumference!

Glad we've sorted that one out.

The juju joes say mind is like space, except with the quality of knowing, I think. Like space, it doesn't obstruct any thing. It's hard to put your finger on it and say what it is, but it allows anything ... well, anything you can think of must have something to do with mind ... because it allows you to think.

The mind game is the only game in town!

Is there any objectivity? Say, there were two of you and you were looking at the big Alabama moon. I'm looking away and Lee Ann says: Hotboy, you're missing the moon! At that moment the moon is in my mind, or an image of the moon enters my mind. The moon is in my mind or my mind is in the moon. I don't see how you can get away from me, or my mind, or mind when you're discussing such a huge, big, wonderful Alabama moon.

How can nothing exist outside your own mind?

You've got consciousness and un-consciousness.

If you think you're mind is between your ears and you believe in the afterlife, which a lot of folk who don't understand the false sense of self are into, say you get your head chopped off. Can you still think? You've got to think: I'm in heaven. Or hell. So you're mind can't be between your ears.

William James. Lecture 2. He's into emotions and such. Happy joes are into religion. He's using a wide definition. "This sort of happiness in the absolute and everlasting is what we find nowhere but in religion."

Today I was in the secret garden in the Botanic Gardens. I took off my tee shirt and jumper and sun bathed. I was doing this partly to keep folk away and partly because the sun was hot today when there weren't any clouds. At the end of September?! I don't sun bathe, but I did today!

Spoke to a kid yesterday. He'd got up at five a.m. to eat his toast and coco-pops. He was hungry when I spoke to him. Ramadan. What a wonderful discipline! When the holy months are over, I do not expect him to want to capture me, or beseige me, or ambush me. It's these folk who suffer from the jihadi nutters, not me. Allah Akbar!

2 Comments:

Blogger ion said...

And yet light also comes in packets (photons). Da Vinci made some drawings on that, I think, and Newton and Young mined that line of thought too. Whatever it is, it sure feels good in the Botanics and you can be sure those plants love it. See- you can take off your semmit when not drunk except on sun!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Ion: The sun hot in September! I took my simmit off to prove it to myself. And lo! hot it was! Hotboy

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.