Saturday, September 16, 2006

Ra Billy Bunter Goes Troppo!

Saturday 6:30 p.m.
My nearest and dearest should be taking off from Glasgow airport right now. May the jihad not be with you!

Read another couple of pages of The Kite Runner. Most of it rings true, but it's the author's first book, it looks like. Anyway, the main character (flawed? Asshole! No wonder his da couldn't stand him!) is a writer and the author talks about him getting books published.

So with the advance on his first novel, the boy pays for his wife's IVF treatment in California. Oh, aye? With the advance on his second novel, he seems to buy a house!

I made £1500 for the publication of my first novel and it was in hardback and went into paperback. I got £1.000 from Serpent's Tail for the second one. Of course, the boy in The Kite Runner had an agent!

I expect to get enough of an advance for the novel I've just finished to be able to afford a couple of clones at least! Because I have got an agent, at least one in the Southern Hemisphere! From his blog, it is obvious that Adolf has not actually read the book, but I don't think that should be an impediment in any way. I think for a fifty fifty split he should take over the whole shebang, including getting his photies stuck on the cover and claiming authorship.

"The wish that it be made known that I was the author is the thought of a man not yet adult." The Dharmapada. The wall.

The book will now be known as Billy Bunter Goes Troppo.

For those not familiar with Aussie soaps, going troppo is when you start fishing for sharks off the balcony that looks onto the outback!

Billy Bunter Goes Troppo should clean up in the Northern Territories. Yippee!

It will now be authored by Adolf Shicklegrubber The Second which should make it a number one best seller in Paraquay where half the joes are called Schmitt for some reason!

The home brew barrel has started leaking a little bit. I think I put in too much sugar for the secondary fermentation and the brew is probably way too frisky. A bit like myself! I suppose for the purposes of good housekeeping, I'll have to relieve the pressure by drinking a few pints tonight. Please ignore any posts after nine!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hotboy said...

Eric: Managed to refrain (from posting, not the beer!) last night, but there's football on tonight. Fair enough excuse when I'm not going to work tomorrow! Hotboy

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.