Friday, September 15, 2006

Ra Solitude Cometh!

Friday 10:30 p.m.
It was a beautiful, beautiful day today! The sun was hot, but there was a wee nip in the air sometimes so it wasn't clammy. This is not Scottish weather! Usually, after the festival is over, it's dreich. But who's complaining?

What a great day to go to visit Little Sparta, the ornamental garden about thirty miles away from Edinburgh. Unfortunately, they charge £10 to get in, but the Domestic Bliss coughed up. At first, I thought so what, but the place really grew on me. And it was the perfect day to be there. There are various sections of this big garden and lots of stones with bits of verse, Latin, etc., on them. You've got to think of trying to grow tatties and onions in your allotment to realise what a fantastic amount of work it must have taken Ian Hamilton Finlay, the sculptor, to achieve this.

No traffic noise. This garden is really in the middle of nowhere. Once the cows stopped mooing, it was very peaceful indeed. It's hard in Edinburgh to get away from traffic sounds. Great to be in the country sometimes.

I was laughing in the motor on the way back when I heard what the nazi papa had said about Muhammed. Definitely old school! Did Muhammed really tell his followers to spread Islam by the sword? If he did, I don't think that boy was buddhist!

During the Albugensian (?) Crusade, (this was in southern France) as the catholic general was about to order everybody inside the city walls to be put to the sword, this boy asked him about the innocent people in there. The general said they could leave it to God to know the difference between the innocent and the guilty.

Here in the Amazing Bloggy Church of the Bad Boy Blissheid, we (the royal we!) refuse to believe in anything!

Before writing this I sent emails to Wisdom Books, Snow Lion and Shambhala asking them to point me towards literary agents who've handled buddhisty stuff. Waste of time, of course. I'm going to give up hustling my new book very quickly.

On my webpage, I tried hard to hustle The Real McCoy and The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf. I haven't really done much with Bomber or Ancient Futures. And they were written a while ago and it won't bother me if nobody wants them. I suspect I'll give up on my new book rather quickly and try to hustle these other ones. If the kiddo wasn't at college and needing some support from me (some hopes!), I don't think I'd bother!

The Domestic Bliss and the kiddo are away to some Mediterranean rat town for a week from tomorrow. I want to be aaaalone! No, I don't!

7 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Global warming. Who's complaining? I am. The gardens are burning here.

I wish the nazi papa had waited till after my German trip. Winding up jihadists doesn't help.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Enjoyed your blog today about the new book! Be amazing if someone blowed up the nazi papa on his visit to Turkey this year! He'd be advised to be a bit under the weather for the next year or so and take to holing up in the Vatican Library! Hotboy

1:22 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

No need for thanks. 10% will do.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Lelly said...

Our garden is looking much better since the torrential downpours we've had recently. Talking of which our wood is proper ancient - officially - and recorded as such, meaning a wood has been there since the 1600's at least. But i think i may have mentioned that before. Tell your wife and daughter to take plenty of mossie repellant with them to the Med and to slather it on at 2 minute intervals...I still have bites from my trip to Spain...and we got back 5 weeks ago!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lelly: The Domestic Bliss is allergic to mossie bites! She dresses up like someone walking through Chernobyl as soon as she lands! Your wood sounds fabulous. Why don't you post more photies of it? Hotboy

6:12 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lelly: Sorry I just got through to your wood photies from your profile. It looks so brilliant! You could meditate in a wood like that for days and days! Brilliant photies. Really liked that! Hotboy

6:30 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

lelly - hide all beer before it's too late.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.