Monday, September 25, 2006

Rem Technamalogicals!

Monday 8:33 p.m.
Just read an email from the sensei and reverend. The Robert Dudley agent didn't want his book after all. Dearie me. But that was a close call. I'll see if I can harass someone else to read it when I finish working and get paid on Wednesday.

Funnily enough, I wasn't wanting to look at the emails tonight in case I got a knock back from someone. Just had a feeling that I'm starting to hope again. Of course, nobody's reading my book at the moment, so there's nothing to get knocked back. But I did send an email to my uncle Peter on Sunday morning. My uncle Peter owns Mainstream Publishing with Bill Campbell and they published my first book. I know it's not the kind of book Mainstream publish, so why should he want to read it? I was feeling knackered when I got in from work and lay on the couch and slept for an hour instead of looking at my emails. I ask myself why I should care. I shouldn't.

Before I came to the computer, I meditated for an hour. I knew when I wakened up this morning that things had progressed yet again. Amazing bliss while lying flat doing yoga nidra about half four this morning. The week of solitude last week was well spent! And I was thinking how extraordinary the abbot of the Samye Ling is. And what a crap chela I've been! But I'm getting there, even although I know I'm only at the beginning of something.
And I feel that I should just drop all the stuff about writing and trying to get an agent. At least, for now. It's just as source of them old afflictive emotions. Well, the writing isn't! Maybe I should just lay off that for a wee bit and focus on the juju!

It's fifty years ago today that some joe made the first transatlantic telephone call which didn't rely on radio. Radio calls were apparently not very good. It's only a hundred years since the telegraph worked across the ocean. That just blew my mind! It's fifty years since they laid the cable from Oban. Well, one of us invented the bloody telephone, so it was fair enough that they started from Oban. But it's only fifty years ago. I was alive then.

So I spoke to the kiddo on a mobile phone tonight. I've only used a mobile phone about three times. You don't have to speak into a mouthpiece. How weird is that? I blame all this on Star Trek! How come folk believe in telecommunications and they don't believe you can sit quietly doing nothing and fill your mind with bliss and ecstasy? Three million years ago we were monkeys. How long ago was Copernicus? Five hundred years? But the earth's not flat. You can't fool me! If it was flat, I wouln't be crashing out on the couch after cycling home from work!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

You are so cute with that mobile phone thing! ;)

12:43 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: Because there's no mouthpiece ... is that why folk shout all the time? Hotboy

9:56 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

My critical faculties are zapped for the time being, so I cannot offer my usual helpful analysis of your posts. But you could try graduating to the use of something called a text message. Cheaper too.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.