Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Ra pre-holiday day!

Tuesday 10:55 p.m.
There is a time of mild despair. You may think that you cannot make anyone happy. The happiness has to somehow come from them. Some cats are maybe going to be happy and some cats aint,

This is not true. This is bad news from the advocates of separateness.

When y0u start meditating, it is very hard. You're surrounded by flatheids and they are cheerful, or not. Probably quite cheerful because they are young and the children of the evil bourgeois. When they start to cry and you would like them to be happy instead, you may despair. And think there is nothing you can do about this. It's the afflictive emotions.

Say you spent some time doing the cushion. Say you thought you could improve your mood by maybe two percent a year. What a great thing this is for the flatheids surrounding you with their grief, sorrow, lamentations ... suffering in this life! Just two percent a year. Even one percent. Compound interest it.

You can light up the world of the moronic flatheids if you are prepared for the long haul. And that's what we are in. The long haul. We live and die within groups of other people.

I fell in love with the Domestic Bliss when I was nineteen. And I thought I could never make her happy. You have to make yourself happy, I thought. But understanding emptiness and trying to realise it, and getting ra bliss which the flatheids will never get because they are too dumb to meditate ... well, being at least cheerful is a light in this world. Little bits are good. Just doing little bits. Little improvements. At least, trying to improve your mood, attitude, or whatever.

I 've been drinking ra beer and watching A Life Less Ordinary, with Cameron Diaz and Ewan McGregor. I need some kinds of drugs to cope with the two hours or so of recreation at the end of the day. Loved the movie. The boy is one of us! The babes is gorgeous and can act her socks off as well. Made me remember what it was like to fall in love. A romantic comedy. Aw, shucks!

I searched the room and found The Varieties of Religious Experience. Interesting Chrismas dinners. You're sitting there with Henry James and his much smarter brother William. They are protestants from Northern Ireland really. Well, so am I! Also, a tim. Also, a buddhist. Also, a humanist. Unfortunately, not quite as smart. Thick joes like me can do ra bliss though. Anybody can do ra bliss!

Some monks might tell you that falling in love is terrible. You lose it, a bit. It turns to hate and you want to kill people, etc. Well, what do they know? This is RaBlissBog! Falling in love is fabulooso! It is a sensation like ra bliss though maybe not quite so under control.

I've punctured the barrel and drank all ra beer. Teetotal tomorrow. Face first into ra bliss!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

I think love is wonderful too Hotboy.
You are right though, one must be happy with themself!

1:04 AM  
Blogger ion said...

Lee-Ann is right. Everyone should fall in love at least once, even it's with themself. Being away from your loved ones reminds you how much you appreciate them.

8:43 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I would have agreed with you about needing to make oneself happy (at least at first, then you might be able to spread it around). I re-read this post. But I'm still unclear what you're saying.

But the love is always good.

9:50 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

"mild despair" - I wish had your problems. What a fortunate creature you are.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann and Ion: A lot of old people live alone and are lonely. Makes you think when the flat is empty. I lived alone for about eight months once. I liked it better then. A week on your own is too long and not long enough! Hotboy

11:40 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! After several pints of home brew while watching the movie, I was a bit unclear myself! Anyway, I never normally watch romantic movies. It's hard to do any kind of despair when if you close you eyes, you sink into ra bliss! Hope you're enjoying your hols! Hotboy

11:45 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

"too long and not long enough" - I thought we had a deal, that I would do the Taoism and you handle the blissology.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.