Monday, August 21, 2006

Rem Odd Landings!

Monday 5:00 p.m.
The difference between just now and the start of my holidays as far as ra bliss is concerned is quite marked and obvious. Meditating this morning before going to work ... whoa!... I become more fortunate with every passing week. Now that I'm completely teatotal, apart from when I have a beer or two, I expect progress to gallop along.

Somebody landed on the bloggy looking for orange people. I clickied back to find a reference on a Celtic website to John Doyle, who was a good friend of mine at school. He died when he was about thirty from electrocution during DIY. That definitely confirmed me in my handlessness as regards fixing anything!

I heard he'd died in a news flash on the telly one evening after I'd been awake for a few days in a row. (Yes, I was a bad boy!). Sitting on my own when this message comes out the telly. How weird is that!

One of the best sporting moments of my life was watching the telly round at Shiva's one night when John (known as Johnny to the fans!) headed in a goal against Real Madrid at Parkhead. If that wasn't a childhood dream come true, I don't know what is! He headed the ball, and he never headed the ball, from nearly the eighteen yard line. What a wonderful thing to witness!

I got an email from someone who must have landed on my blog looking for references to Hugh Collins, now the wonderful Scottish writer. He was commiserating about my dead brother who used to lock him up. This bloggy malarkey is great, so it is!

7 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Orange people?
Handlessness?

Let's get a beer Hotboy!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: How right you are! The reason why I put orange people ... there are orange people out and about in Scotland. There are! The word was juxtaposed with the word scum in a previous post.... there are some odd landings you might not really want! Neanderthals and such like knuckle scrapers! Handlessness? Hmmm. Maybe uselessness would have been better! Hotboy p.s maybe a beer would be better still!

7:16 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Your moment reminds me of the night they announced Hendrix had just died, while I was on mind-altering medication. No wonder I turned out like this. But if I could have become an orange person back in the days when they were doing the enlightenment through promiscuity, I might still have been repaired. Instead, I'm stuck with DIY NPD. I think it's finally working. I'll be a normal person just in time for my mid-air cremation. Hooray!

Was that your Barlinnie brother you mentioned? He's had several brushes with fame. Sorry to hear he died.

1:47 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Here's the plan - you and MM jet in to Berlin for a blog conference, we sink a few Weisse before getting on a train. How about it?

1:48 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Well, did you have a beer without me?
I am still waiting on you! :)

3:03 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! I didn't hear that the Sons of William (these are the orange folk, Lee Ann!) used to bonk for enlightenment. Puts them in a different light! Have to do the bi-location for the Berlin gig, Adolf, as I'm skint! As usual! Hotboy
Lee Ann: To ra beer! To ra beer!

10:12 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

What century are you in? Probably this one. Last century, the orange folk were the Rajneesh/Baghwan Indian ashram folk. I assumed you'd know that, being an adept yourself.

PS you might get more comments if you switched off the word verification. It worked for me.

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.