Monday, August 14, 2006

Ra First Day Back!

Monday 11:00 p.m.
Work is a bit weird if you haven't been there for six weeks, but I've only get to get the noon on Wednesday to be free again!

I've been on the new nazi bike four times (including driving it home from the shop!) and I think I've freaked out about four car drivers. There's a big roundabout at PC World in Costorphine. You should have seen the face of the woman who found herself almost driving into me. Quite aghast! I never wore a helmet for a bike before. Invulnerability. I think I should have a camera in the hat to take photies of the my fellow gobsmacked road users.

I have to drive the bike home from the International Bar on Saturday. This was the first time I'd tried the U shaped new security thing, not a chain. Anyway, I've managed to lose the keys. The beginning of the end, eh? I don't feel right with a swanky looking bike. It's bound to get stolen.

Despite suffering from complete mental and physical exhaustion from a whole day at work, I had to get off the couch and go the a tartan benefit for the Waverley Trust down the Pleasance. Great show. Mike McShane was hosting it and he was fabulous in an adaptation of Ubu Roi last year, I think. Two of the comics (Rod Gilbert and Jason Byrne) were particularly brilliant. It was a great show last year as well.

I'll have to go to work tomorrow as well. Two days in a row at work? Are they taking the michael, or what?

2 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

2 days in a row. I couldn't do that.

9:32 AM  
Blogger zomba said...

"Despite suffering from complete mental and physical exhaustion from a whole day at work."

I say old chap! Steady on - don't overdo things.

MM III

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.