Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Ra Lama Yeshe

Wednesday 2:16 p.m.
Feeling still as if I'm chasing my tail after the weekend. I've stopped getting up in the morning. I'm acting like I'm on holiday.

But I managed up to St John's Church at the end of Princes Street to see Lama Yeshe, who is my root guru, this lunchtime. Of course, I forgot he was on. Got there late. Couldn't hang around to chat when he finished, but that was alright. He was on with a Greek Orthodox joe and they didn't seem to have anything in common at all.

Someone purporting to be Henry Adam, who wrote Petrol Jesus Nightmare, which me and the kiddo saw on Wednesday last, seems to have landed on the blog comment bit of Rem Shennanigans. Of course, in bloggyland who knows. Anyway, I loved the play and so did the kiddo, so if you're reading this in Edinburgh, go and see it.

Basically, I'm being swamped by flatheids. I'm going to hide away from them as much as possible since the meditations are going brilliantly. I'm off to the hut!

00:38 a.m.
The one brake bike became like that because the metal on the back break succumbed to fatigue and just turned to plasticine one day. I'd like to eulogise the wondrous qualities of the one brake bike.

I cycled the Raleigh bike ... it has Astley Sturmer gears? ... three gears inside the heavy back wheel hub ... but I was told they were dodgy, the gears, and to keep it on the one gear, the second one ... as I cycled it one day about 22 years ago from Newmains to Edinburgh. It was a sunny Saturday afternoon, and probably, early evening. Only a couple of years ago, I cycled it several times from Lockerbie to the Samye Ling. Oh, how I wish I was at the Samye Ling just now! Only today did I realise what an wonderful achievement that was! I put the one brake bike outside on Saturday with a bit of paper on it saying: Free bike. Bye, bye, bike!

Before I'd cycled the bike from Newmains to Edinburgh, I hadn't been on a bike for years and years. But I was, as usual, shockingly fit for someone with a bad habit lifestyle. But I do remember getting off the bike.

How far is it from Newmains to Edinburgh? Too bloody long!

I've got a nazi bike now. Some kind of robocop fung monster. When you pull the brakes, it just stops. I'm not comfortable with good things. So I cycled the thing down to Portobello to show it to Brian Wilson, so that he would now know that I was indeed a joe of property, and should be respected.

I don't think he was quite ready for the three turnings of the wheel of dharma, not right away anyway. If Brian Wilson thinks I'm going mad, well, it definitely takes one to know one.

5 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Was Astley Sturmer the name of the company before they became Sturmey Archer? That must be a stone age bike. Bring it to The Islands, where it'll look modern.

I trust you have a helmet. And padlock.

2:37 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Sturmey Archer rings another bell! Could be. That bike had to be 50 years old.
p.n. gwynne: Did Adolf put you up to this? Are you a penguin? Just remember all my digits are registered as lethal weapons! Hotboy

10:34 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Wow, I am impressed Hotboy! Riding a bike...that is good.
You have some great modes of transportation ~ bike and boat.
Love it!
Have a great Thursday Hotboy!
~xo

6:15 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Sweetshunstayboggle: I saw a slightly on off one in the Sunday Herald, but it was still okay. Can't believe you picked up bad reviews for Petrol Jesus Nightmare! I got good reviews for much worse plays that that! What's the world coming to? I'll have to go and find some now! Hotboy

6:50 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Sweetshunshaker: Most of the people leaving comments on this blog aren't real people, I'm afraid. Lee Ann is real. p.n.gwynne has more chance of being a penguin than a person! Anyway, I've cursed it now so it's flipper will fall off. Serves it right! Hotboy

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.