Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Ranother Lovely Day!

Tuesday 10:43 p.m.
What a lovely afternoon I had! It was another beautiful sunny day and I went to the Botanic Gardens about half one, and stayed till just after half four. What a nice time! There's a giant birch hedge there and I was sitting among the trees about sixty yards from that. There are flower beds in front of it and I kept my eyes on some red flowers when I was meditating. Between times I did some yoga (standing positions and a head stand) and a tai chi set.

Doing a lot of this mind on mind juju as described in the Essentials of Mahamudra.

After I came home, I did some work on my novel and I think I've got about four decent chapters now. Just after seven I went to the allotment for a couple of hours to meditate. While I was there, an idea of the title of the novel came to mind. Yogi Joe and the Tallybam Tim. Mnnn? A tally is an Italian. A bam is short for a bampot. A bampot is a nutter. If you have to decipher the title, it's maybe not a very good title!

00:22 a.m.
Just finished doing about an hour of deity yoga. Very good, but I'm ready for bed. After I got back from the allotment tonight, I did 54 yogic jumpings. I'm quite fit for a fat, old drunken basturn!

When I was 19 years old there was a general election (1970) while I was living in Fort William. I went to a hustings for the Tory. I remembered shouting out in a quite incensed way when the Tory basturn said they should bring back conscription for the young .... well, guys like me. I had long hair and an old army greatcoat, but really that was as close as I wanted to get to soldiering.
I've been following a show called Bad Lads Extreme about these young guys with criminal records getting put through 1950s style National Service basic training with the paratroopers. I'm sorry to say it actually might be doing one or two of them a bit of good. As for the rest of them .... well, they'll be back on the streets and ... I'd just cross the road if I say one of them coming! I'm not sure if toughening up criminals is all that good an idea really!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

54 yogic jumpings!
Goodness!

3:52 AM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say!

They should send the Bad Lads out to Africa, where they could see what its like to hand-dig fields, with a return of a few pence per day, and to feel hungry all the time.

Yes - send them to Kalimbuka. Cabbage will soon sort them out.

MM III

10:02 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: Probably just seems a lot! I'm sure you're as tough as nails with all this gym work!
Mingin!: I think everyone should go into solitary until they can raise inner heat! Cutting down fuel bills and helping global warming. Hotboy

10:32 AM  
Blogger the prof said...

HB - a new addiction! I suffer from the same thing - excessive wordplay syndrome. Could you see it as a sort of mandala/mantra thing?

Are there Tallies in the book? If so, use it anyway.

I can't tell you (not here anyway) how many new names I've thought up for my new blog title and user name. Have you any suggestions?

The yogic jumpings are not on Google, so I'm assuming you're doing sun salutes at silent movie speed. I prefer to do one or two, in slow motion.

Did I ever send or post the photo with the long hair and old army greatcoat?

A TV talent show for cannon fodder, great idea.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.