Monday, July 24, 2006

Ranother Beautiful Day!

Monday 11:05 p.m.
What happened to getting up at six in the morning? Started my holiday meditations today at half eight. By ten, you could see it was another wonderful day, so I decided to continue in the hut.

As I was sitting there in the hut, I thought: I'm not at tired as I was sitting sometimes at the Samye Ling. Like, I wasn't blanking out for a few seconds and falling into the dream world. But I thought I might just have a wee rest anyway. Along the left hand side of where I'm sitting looking at the mandala sticker on the door frame, there is a piece of wood shaped like a door. So I pull this out ...

00:30 a.m.
The light seems very white. It's pouring through the chickenwire windows, passed the buglia (that's a plant growing outside the hut there). So there is the door shape thing and lying down on it was wonderful. Can you relax, Jack? When I was twenty four or five, I was in a bus going along Princes Street with my pal Gerry and he fell asleep. He could catnap. So I'm in the hut and lying on the big, big plank of wood. Nothing much to rest my head on.

I'm telling myself that I won't fall asleep here, just have a wee rest. There is no proper thing to rest your head on: just your hand and forearm kind of thing. And nothing to cover you. So I thought of my guru and all of ra bliss I'd had, and what a fortunate creature I was... ra bliss arises in the side-on form. ... I'm trying to do the juju for the dream yoga, but I just fall asleep.

This is a hard board, but I feel very comfortable as I awaken, like a cat. I'm aware of this and that. And the light being still dead white and fantastic. I'm in ra bliss. The light is bright. The jacket is over my face. I turn over to my not so good side. I hear the one o clock gun. This is Edinburgh. How much I loved being here in this city at that moment!

I'm sorry that I might upset folk who don't meditate. Or whom I call flatheids. Can you do ra bliss, Jack? Well, what can you do?

5 Comments:

Blogger Hotboy said...

Is this homoerotic? All this Jack stuff? We should be told! Hotboy

1:34 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I would love to see Edinburgh.
I will be taking more pictures of Birmingham soon. What did you think Alabama would look like, just curious?
I left a little explanation of Birmingham in my comment to you on my blog.
~xo

4:16 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: I imagined Alabama would be dead swampy! Then we heard about Little Rock and all the chicken farms there. Swampy with dry bits where all the chickens were then! Hotboy

11:34 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I'm convinced. I'm dedicating the rest of my life to resting, and the study thereof. If everybody did that, except the people who run the power stations and the TV stations and the railways, what a wonderful world it would be.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Whilst resting this afternoon (all afternoon!) in the Botanics, it struck me that Little Rock is in Arkansas. What was I thinking of. So there might not be any chicken farms in Alabama after all! Hotboy

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.