Friday, July 14, 2006

Ra Sunny Day!

Friday 12:08 p.m.
All compounded things are subject to dissolution.
Pursue your salvation with diligence.
And blog on!

It's a sunny day here in old Edinburgh town and we're going to the seaside this afternoon, on the second week of my six week holiday. I've made the transition from the Samye Ling to real life much better than last year.

The allotment had exploded with weeds. I ripped out enough to make a small haystack and it's still covered in weeds. Some weeds are quite pretty. The Domestic Bliss said the little blue flowers were called Forget-Me-Nots. We took cabbages, broccoli, onions, tatties, turnips, raspberries, red berries, black berries and gooseberries home with us. And it seems the recent rip off (a torch and a cartoon of juice) was the work of thieves and not the nice people after all.

Checked the cashpoint on Tuesday and I've got thirty quid left on my overdraft to do me till the end of the month. But I've got beer and I've got food. What more can a body ask for!

I haven't started work on the third draft of my novel yet, but I will on Sunday.

Last night I did twenty minutes skipping and upped my shadow boxing to four three minute rounds instead of the usual six two minute rounds. I'm still not running, but it can't be long now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Wow, sounds like quite a lovely garden you have Hotboy!

1:39 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: Just been catching up with your back comments before visiting my mother. The allotment is good for keeping you in touch with the seasons, which vary tremendously in Scotland. You can't imagine it's going to be dark at four o clock in December. Everything is bursting with life at the moment! Hotboy

9:44 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Home brew? That helps.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.