Monday, July 03, 2006

Ra Groundhog Day!

Monday 6:12 a.m.
It's raining outside just now. The weather forecast for Eskdalemuir over the next couple of days is for rain, showers, thunderstorms. The usual. Try to remember that this is just a wee camping holiday. May all sentient creatures be happy! Depart the flat at 6:30 a.m.

4:40 p.m.
This is from the Samye Ling cafe! Yes, yes, yes!

I spent all morning at the Lockerbie train station waiting room due to being a complete prat and leaving my knapsack on the train when I got off. What a wally! The ticket boy was on the ball and got it back from his chums in Oxenholme, where the train stops for a tea break. I discovered I was missing it as I was about to saunder off to the bus stop (you wait for an hour in the train station waiting room anyway) through a mega downpour, so having to wait that out was probably okay anyway. So I got to the train station at Lockerbie at 8:20 a.m. and left it at just after noon.

It's in situations like this (waiting!) that being able to meditate really helps. I can't remember the last time I felt bored. I remember when I started meditating thinking that this was the end of feeling bored. If you're doing mantra, you can do that anywhere, anytime. If you're mantran brings on good feelings, when you start doing it, good feelings should arise. Unfortunately, the good folk of Lockerbie don't need me sitting in a half lotus with my eyeballs rolled up in the local train waiting room, so you hve to be discrete! I pretended to be asleep, or dozing.

What a brilliant lunch I had. Got here just in time! Then the worst bit: putting up the tent! The ground has some bricks in it and the midgies sense fresh blood straight off, so there's a fair bit of huffing and puffing and trying not to wish these wee tottie sentient beings instant annihilation! After that, I was completely drenched in sweat as it is humid down here today!

The monks from the Sherab Ling (?) monastery in India are over here just now and they sell records of gong bashing all over the world, so the Chenrezig prayers tonight will be something to look forward to. Hope I can stay awake. Have to get up to the temple now for the five o clock meditation. What a fortunate creature I am! What a great week I hope to have here. Once the tent's up, you're in the gravy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hello!

word ver: cosey

7:40 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann! Adolf thinks you're acting strangely. I might not have time to check your blog right now (at the Samye Ling). If he thinks you're acting strangely!... Hotboy

4:37 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hey hotboy! Why does he think I am acting strangely?
Just had some tough times lately. I am still here and I still love you guys!

12:18 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: I'm not sure. Maybeyou weren't doing your usual with comments ? Hotboy

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.