Sunday, July 02, 2006

Ranother Samye Day Before!

Sunday 10:46 p.m.
I left a comment on someone's blog last night saying it was long time since I'd had any vivid dreams, ones that I remembered. Had three in a row last night.

So I'm dreaming that I'm lying asleep (might have been in a sleeping bag!) and I'm trying to waken up as I've become aware of these three bumps in the bed. I realise they're big bats which are trapped; the size of fruit bats. I realise they aren't going to bite me, but I want to waken up and deal with them. Nightmarishly struggling to waken up.

The Buddha is the Awakened Joe

We're not doing interpretation of dreams here, but in buddhism there are three major poisons, I think. Ignorance, greed and hatred. (Or why else is the world going down the toilet?) You should be able to diminish these, but you'll always be in ignorance until you realise buddhahood.

I embrace my ignorance.
I don't believe in any things,
Especially thoughts.

In the second dream I've lost the Domestic Bliss, who takes care of everything about travelling, etc., etc., and I'm lost and alone in New York - a big, old fashioned railway station with stalls, milling strangers, etc. Anyway, I've got the address we're staying at, but I can't find a map. I'm trying to get directions or a map from these stallholders and some of them are very strange indeed. Not as bad as the first one.

Third dream: I'm in the same position as the second dream, but I've got the kiddo with me and she's only about two. I'm lost, but I'm happy. I have a meal with some strangers and they aren't strangers for long because the kiddo is being so charming. I'm also totally charmed by the kiddo even when I have to find a place to change her nappies. Very lucid on the nappy changing, by the way, but it wasn't a problem. I had to save the kiddo from falling on her head at one point and she got lost in the crowd (as a joke!) for a few seconds. Everyone who's ever looked after a kid has visited these places.

If the kid hadn't been born just when she was, I think my life would have been completely different. I'd most likely have made an awful lot of money from writing and would probably be dead by this time. Anyone who's been with this blog for a while (Hello, Jack!) might know that I try to regard myself as three years overdue anyway. My old man died at 52.

My old man was a devout catholic. My maw told me on Thursday that when I was born, he was waiting behind the door. (Why we these days have to witness the slaughtering and butchering, I don't know!). When I was born, I was handed to him. He said: It's like looking at God ... meaning you could see God in babies, not that I was God!

If the kiddo had come later, it wouldn't have been the same kid.

So all these things were running through my head this morning as I wakened up after the third dream. I don't regret now not making the money which I would have made if I hadn't had a kid to look after at the time. I don't regret anything except the times I've been rotten to people.

When I got up, I did three rounds of alternate nostril breathing and gave it three wee bellows breaths. Closed my eyes and went straight into really deep bliss. A vase breath and it all seemed to be there. The lama told me I'd get everything from the straight calming meditations when I was hustling him about the deity yoga, etc. I'm taking a book called the Essentials of Mahamudra to read down at the Samye Ling tomorrow. How appropriate!

If I had a lot of money just now, I couldn't deal with the greed. No, I don't have many regrets just now. ..

Because at the end of the day what it comes down to is this: Can you, or can you not, do ra bliss?

11:25 p.m.
Hello, Jack. I hope you and the other spam robots are doing fine. Thought I'd better write a few words before I leave the Judeo Christian/Graeco Romano civilisation for good and let myself wallow and succumb to the arts of the great juju masters tomorrow. If Thomas The Tank Engine stays in the huff and refuses to leave the depot like he did on Friday, then, Jack, I may be wrong. I want to be a sceptic, Jack. I don't want to feel guided. Chance would be a fine thing!

I told them the only thing that was keeping my feet on the ground was the beer! No nothing for the last three days and nights. That should be enough to get most of the poisons out of your system. Tonight, just about half an hour ago, I tried to put my legs into a full lotus and ... no pain or discomfort at all. Just before I go to the Samye Ling. Call it coincidence. Call it what you like, but there has been a fundamental shift since I gave up the pollutants.

I'm sorry I can't really explain it now and I couldn't really explain it before. Words fail.

The joe who goes down to the Samye Ling, Jack, won't be the same joe who comes back a week later. Not by a long way! I'm sure of that. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going there, Jack. I hope I don't crash and burn, but I asked for this and I'm getting it. Let's try to keep our bottle! Now, at last, it's chocks away and set your controls for the heart of the sun! What a time I'm going to have! What an amazing, amazing time I'm going to have! This is a HotboyMadyamika culminating and coalescing, about to transcend and tranform, setting off tomorrow morning to surf the limitless, unimaginably fantastic oceans of bliss!

3 Comments:

Blogger keda said...

wierd dreams indeed darling.

i had wierd ones too last night but thankfully a bit nicer.
my conciousness is making up for my football enduced misery.

thanks for you trying to support us. that does mean a lot. and thanks for your comments. bloody turnip.

3:48 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say!

My dreams last night were entirely about empty mini bars. When I woke up, I discovered they had come true.

I wonder what time housekeeping does their rounds.

MM III

4:43 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Keda: If I were an English fan, with those players .... well, I'd be totally pissed off. When Scotland are too crap even to qualify, the whole thing is much better! Hotboy

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.