Thursday, July 06, 2006

Ra Samye Day 4

Thursday 10:15 a.m.
Put in about ten hours meditation yesterday, and it was not really an effort at all. When you start it's hard work sometimes. Not now, baby! Not now!

I'm totally settled in now. Last night as I was getting ready to get into the sleeping bag, I noticed that all my anxieties had gone. Anxieties I didn't even know I had. And I'm not a particularly anxious person.

Was asleep by eleven. Lay on my back doing yoga nidra and slipped off while in ra bliss. I awakened feeling so grateful. I can't repay these people down at the Samye Ling ever.


I had the most amazing meditations yesterday. Last night I was doing deity yoga while gazing up river from the wee island in the middle of the river ... big clouds above the hills and the river; pinks and reds and blues. I built a wee fire, but didn't light it. I was too tired to stay till it got really dark.

The heat has arrived! The warmth in the abdomen; the shoggly feeling as you hold your breath. Sometimes you get most of the benefit when you go home, but not now. I was ready for this.

Almost nobody I know will ever feel like this, but all my friends ... well, just too dumb to meditate, I'm afraid. What a terrible, terrible shame!

Anyway, this is about the half way stage. Only got half an hour on this machine. Got to go and investigate ra bliss and combine it with ra emptiness!

3:00 p.m.
I almost had a conversation. At the back of the lunch queue, there's Teresa, the nun I write letters to. I've never spoken to Teresa, apart from a few words. Most of them were delivered telepathically, now that I think of it! Anyway, there is no such thing as coincidence. She asked me how I was getting on with my visit. I could drool and dribble all over these people. I just said something like it was the most fantastic and amazing time of my life. That just about covers it.

After lunch I lay on the bench on the wee island in front of the stupa. Purple rhodedendron flowers profuse at my feet. Idyllic. Dosed off. (It's all action here!). When I was getting up to go for more gong bashing, I passed Dr Akong Tulku Rinpoche. He was talking to a man who was probably a builder of some kind. (Before they left Tibet, Dr Akong said they were building a bit of monastery at the back when the Chinese were shelling the front!). The Doctor isn't even baldy. He looks like a wee fat guy who isn't even baldy. Dr Akong came here when there was diddly squat with the other tulku boy who went to the states and drank himself to death, but must have been some joe otherwise. Dr Akong looks quite normal and ordinary. He's not!

It's not as hot as it was. I might spend some time in the middle of the river.

Happy days in the sunshine down at the Samye Ling. Happy, happy days!

2 Comments:

Blogger zomba said...

I say Hotboy!

Did you know that "Madman's drab likability harasses. It flashed." is an anagram of "RaBliss Rabliss. Madyamika and the flatheids"

Neither did I, until I tried this website.

I'm sure that that helps.

MM III

4:12 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

You are amazing Hotboy!
Go for the bliss....

MMIII, I tried that website....it wasn't very nice to me! haha

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.