Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Rem Analyticals!

Wednesday 12:50 p.m.
The book I've been re-reading (Essentials of Mahamudra) has made quite a difference. I didn't really do much analytical meditations, but the book is very persuasive, especially the effect these meditations can have on reducing the incidence of disturbing or afflictive emotions. Straight calming meditations don't really deal with these as effectively as you'd like.

Anyway, they promote an appeciation and, hopefully , realisation of emptiness. I think I'm supposed to be combining bliss and emptiness, so it's another tool in the toolbox really.

This isn't normal Scottish weather. It's hot again. I'm away to sit under a tree in the Botanics and do some juju! What a fortunate creature!

5:00 p.m.
Just back from the Botanics. What a perfect afternoon! I picked out a tree to sit under and then went up to the trunk to have a look at the label. "Indian Horse Chestnut" and it comes from the Himalayas. How appropriate! At one time I dozed off for a bit, lying on my side. Went to sleep in ra bliss and wakened up in ra bliss. Wonderful!

I couldn't ask for much more than I'm getting at the moment. I'm having a great time though I do not seem to be doing much. If I can just keep exposure to flatheids down to a couple of hours at at time, well .... I've still got two and a half weeks to go. Thank God I don't have to go a family holiday to some Mediterranean rat town!! Allah Akbar!

10:06 p.m.
BBC news is on in the background. Bombing. Yesterday I read that there's nothing anyone can do to stop the Iranians getting the nuclear weapons. Something even more horrible is going to happen there undoubtedly in the next ten years. Something really really horrible. Well, there's nothing I can do about that, so it's time to bury the head in the sand and ...

Get in my rowing boat and spend the rest of my holidays in the Unheard of Island where I can do deity yoga and become like Prospero. And there's no teevees. And the beer has no alcohol in it. And there are penguins. Some birds. And only one flatheid! Oh, to be happily on my own once the last flatheid has gone!

Wise words in the 80s when the Shah toppled and all the Iranians (with the smack!) came to Blighty. I used to buy beer off an Iranian shopkeeper. Once there was a report of an arms deal between Iran and Israel. I asked the boy about this. (It's my only hope!). He said: But Iranians aren't Arabs. Iranians are Persians. Between the Arabs and the Jews, you cannot take the hate out of their hearts. Well, on the Unheard of Island there is only one flatheid to fight with. As long as he stays away, he might be allowed to live ... and let live.

6 Comments:

Blogger zomba said...

I say!

The seed from the Aesculus indica (Indian Horse Chestnut) is given to horses suffering from colic.

I'm positive that that should help.

Did you read in the Sundays (which are available in the far, far north on Sundays, unlike in Kalimbuka, where you're lucky to get them on a Monday, about the Blogger http://www.petiteanglaise.com/ who is probably going to make a fortune out of writing a book from her blog (though she has lost her job and man as a result of the blog)?

MM III

8:12 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! Good luck to her or him or it! They must have an agent! Hotboy

10:13 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I would like to get in your rowing boat and drift off for a while!
Have a splendid day!

3:31 AM  
Blogger the prof said...

HB and LA - I hope your boat makes it through the cordon of coastguards. If not, I don't know you.

6:34 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I took the liberty of asking the capn to arrange a welcome for you. Let me know how it goes. I would be there, except my therapist says I mustn't have any excitement right now.

6:54 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

If only they could wait for another 10 years, I might be dead by then. What a fortunate creature I'd be. I've left you the brewery on my will.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.