Sunday, July 30, 2006

Ra First Visitor!

Sunday 1:05 p.m.
It's been blowing a bit of a gale here on the Unheard of Island, so I thought I'd see if I could get a visit from Empedocles.

A lot of interesting folk were around about 2,500 years ago (like the Buddha!) and that's when Empedocles proved that air was a something. He did this by upturning a bucket in the sea and pressing down. But is there something in the air apart from gases? Is chi something?

Empedocles was a vegetarian who could revive the dead and control the weather, just like Milarepa, the great Tibetan saint. So when I thought of having a sunny spell, Empedocles sprang to mind.

He lives on the moon now and came down to the cave on a cloud, appearance and emptiness conjoined, an illusion just like everything else. And immediately it was a sunny day! We went for a walk round Mawson Peak which is the volcanic crater at the top of Big Ben, and not far away from my cave. We had a wee chat.

Me: Well, Empy, I know the air is something, but is there something in the air?
Empedocles: If there wasn't something in the air, how could I breathe life into the dead bodies?
Me: But if there's something in the air, how come we can't find it?
Empedocles: Maybe it's the kind of thing you can't find.
Me: Like what?
Empedocles: Like your mind.
Me: Right enough. I lost my mind a while back. I used to think it was between my ears. Then I saw the great big mind supporting everything. After that I wasn't so sure. Maybe we've got two minds.

HOW CAN NOTHING EXIST OUTSIDE YOUR OWN MIND?

Empedocles said he was divine. Well, so he was. If we're getting supported by the great big mind, how could we be anything other than divine?

I think this is just a matter of how you look at things. I'm really getting into this divine stuff and everything bobbing about in this big ocean of consciousness.

Empedocles said he would show me the proof of reincarnation. What? So he turned and leapt into the volcano. Mnnn? I'm not too sure what that proved. I think he was more successful with the bucket trick!

6 Comments:

Blogger JuTaW said...

Interesting comment about divinity...Jumping into a volcano to prove reincarnation?? Ha! ;)

2:39 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Jutaw! Never heard of anyone being a vegetarian 2,500 years ago! He believed in the tranmigration of souls (from body to body, humans to animals, etc.)(like some buddhists), so he didn't like killing animals. He was anti-war as well! Odd joe!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Beesucker: Checked out the article. The explanation is bound to be wrong, but I can't wait to see the video! Hotboy

10:20 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

If I were there, I would visit you Hotboy!

4:18 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - nobody is for war, just like nobody's a racist and nobody's pretentious. Unless you're the Dr. Stranglelove guy or the neocons running Washington, it's a concept that only applies to other people. You may remember at university, other people were "pseuds".

Glad to help.

PS I thought I saw you yesterday but it was someone else. It doesn't matter either way, nothing exists outside my own mind.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: Such a visit would be most welcome!
Adolf! Zeig! I don't expect to be able to bi-locate for a few eons, but I've been mistaken for someone else before. Who is this doppelganger? I think he's my Mister Hyde. That won't help! Hotboy

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.