Saturday, July 29, 2006

Ra Unheard of Island at last!

Saturday 12:30 p.m.
Due to rowing practically all the way round the world to make landfall on the Unheard of Island, I didn't have any time to meditate at all yesterday. Can't remember the last time I didn't meditate for a whole day!

But it was worth it just to get here. What a reception the penguins gave me!

There have been only 240 previous visits by human beings on the Unheard of Island. It rains or snows three quarters of the time. There's usually clouds and the wind is normally quite ferocious. But there are no teevees so you don't have to watch the bombings and hear about the paedophiles, and a lot of other stuff that just gets you upset.

The big hill is called Big Ben. The cave is near the top of the hill and it is snug with a whale skin covering the entrance. I have a telescope and have brought my nuclear weapons with me just in case there's any funny stuff.

If I get lonely, I can imagine people. Just to try this out, I imagined having a chat with my chum Poisonous. Poisonous says the air we breath is made up of gases and nothing else. I used to believe that once as well, but how it made me laugh!

There's something in the air alright. There's definitely something in the air!

1:10 a.m.
The whale skin flaps in the windy windy. That's really just a thought, Jack. And my legs are stiff from sitting in this one position for so long. That's really just a thought, Jack. I think I might die of the cold, and the wind, and the rain, but that, also, Jack, is just a thought. I might die is just a neurotic thought, Jack. It's just a thought, Jack. We don't believe in thoughts. We embrace our ignorance. We don't believe in any things. Especially thoughts. For we arise, and abide, and decline in the big mind. And that, also, Jack, is just a thought. Hmmm? Are thoughts inseperable from the mind? They seem to exist as somehow independent, but we can just laugh at that now, can't we, Jack?

8 Comments:

Blogger zomba said...

I say!

Please give my regards to the keeper of the Nobis Ralwin Memorial. If possible, could you open a can of lager, and pour some over the spot where he lays?

MM III

7:29 PM  
Blogger JuTaW said...

Unheard of Island looks beautiful from the website. I'll have to remember it if I'm ever on an adventure in the Pacific. It looks absolutely serene. Must be nice to escape the TVs for a while.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! Escaping ra beer is why I have to get out of Blighty! No pouring any beer anywhere for me.
Jutaw: Nice to hear from you! I watched the Tony Blair and Bush news conference yesterday. Bush is so good he must be Scottish! I think I've become a neo-con after that! I mean, Bush is in charge of the Superpower, but he doesn't have enough power... He's so simplistic, it's perfect. And no pizzas delivered late at night by Josephines in kneepads... Oh, the laptop goes dim. I'll have to get another penguin on the treadmill! Hotboy p.s. I'd like to be recruited by the CIA. pps From out of the cave ... the view, the view, the view! The silence! The peace and quiet!

10:56 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - I wasn't able to join in the welcoming ceremony, but I will drop off a six-pack each of 11 (real ale), 12 (brown ale) and 13 (guiness substitute). If you want to repay me just don't tell the old dear where the islands are.

2:06 AM  
Blogger JuTaW said...

Nah, you don't want the US to buy Scotland...then y'all would have to concern yourselves with all the petty drama in this country. How would it be stratigically beneficial? Anyway, what I like about Bush is that he is very simplistic and tells it how it is....like when he got caught at that luncheon saying something on a mic that was supposed to be off. Jutaw. PS The CIA is over-rated...the FBI is definetely the place to be. PPS...what I wouldnt give for a little peace and quiet....

4:47 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

How far did you row in the boat?

Has there really only ever been 240 visits by humans to Unheard of Island?

Is there really a cave covered by whale skin?

5:14 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! I'm going to be teatotal for the next fortnight unless I go to the pub! No carry outs, please!
Jutaw: If someone would just buy me! I'm very inexpensive though a bit of a layabout! Being a dependant on someone rich would be great!
Lee Ann: I had to row about 6,000 miles to get here, but I took me spinach first. There have only been 240 visits to this island by humans, but the penguins come all the time. McDonald Island, nearby, has only had a couple of visits. You can't get much more remote than this!

10:54 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Only a couple of visits by fundamentalists, maybe, but you overlook the great 1945 immigration.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.