Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ra Mind on Mind Juju!

Wednesday 9:41 p.m.
The views from Mawson Peak here on the Unheard of Island are truly spectacular whether is rains, snows or blows a blizzard, which it generally does most of the time. But the views don't really matter. Today I rolled up the whaleskin for a while and, sitting at the back of the cave, gazing out at turbulent skies, I felt true happiness arise. Ra bliss is coming through!! Sitting there wreathed in smiles, I just felt wonderful.

This has happened before. Sometimes you can work it like that and sometimes you follow the world and it doesn't happen so often. But when your mind is not disturbed and your conscience is clear, well, here come the big grins!

I think if you're doing mahamudra meditations, you have to make some decisions about your mind. The first decision I made about my mind is that I've lost it. I used to think it was between my ears, but now I'm not so sure.

These might be analytical meditations, which I'm not very good at. You have to ask yourself what colour your mind is. It's tartan, Jack. And then you ask yourself stuff like what does it weigh? The where is it question is the one I get stuck on. If it's between my ears, how can I get it to enter my central channel so I can experience primordial awareness, which I have been assured is not only non-dualistic, but very, very nice.

So I went out and lay on the lip of the cave and looked up at the sky. Your mind is supposed to have the same quality as space. Space is everywhere. Space allows everything to be there. Space doesn't obstruct anything. There's nowhere where there's no space. Hmmm? But, unlike space, mind has the quality of knowing.

Maybe I'm just a suggestible joe. When I saw the big mind, it was bugger all like space. The space had all been filled in. The air wasn't transparent. The air was thick with red and blue. The quality of knowing ... it was the sheer, amazing power. Your "phenomenal ego" has gone and been replaced by something a million times better, and so powerful. It was power filled. Everything said power.

But that is not to say that at the end of the day that was not just more appearance and emptiness arising in conjunction. We always have to remember that we're dealing with the illusory nature of reality. You're not going to find something. You get a different view.

So they say that even the victorious have not seen it, so what I saw couldn't have been mind. Hmmm? I'd like to speak to the translator, please. There must be different gradations of mind surely. Anyway, maybe the space analogy is just to help you get along because you're a flatheid, and a bit of a moron really compared to a joe like the buddha.

Wonders are many, and none is more wonderful than man. Sophocles. The wall.

Nothing new since Sophocles.

I felt very happy today. Because the weather was so bad, I had to sit in. To allow you to be happy in an empty room, what is else your mind for, wherever it is?

How nice to feel blessed!


I'm one tough gazookus
Which hates all palookas
Wot ain't on the up and square
I biffs 'em and buffs 'em
An' always outroughs 'em
An' none of 'em gets nowhere

13 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Whaleskin? To get warm?
Is it cold there?

2:34 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: It is the antarctic, so it is a wee bit cold sometimes. The whaleskin covers the entrance to the cave, so it's quite drafty! Hotboy

11:22 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Tenzin Palmo made an excellent point. She started asking where the "I" resides. If you mull over it analytically, most of us come to the conclusion that its connected with the brain in some way. But if you point to yourself and say "Its ME", one naturally tends to point to their solar plexus. I notice that the kids do it without a thought...

Interesting...

10:05 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Heather: I think you might be trying to trip your mind into a more comfortable perspective, given that we have got some kind of mind. Suddenly, no worries! Nobody is going to die around here! Yippee! I'd like to develope a view like that. Hotboy. p.s. Eric is grown up. He'll touch his heart centre. Does that mean anything?

11:31 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Sorry to lower the tone with postmodernism, but would that be the gradations of mind that don't exist except inside the mind?

PS I'm with you on the empty room stuff. Not here, but next time I'm in Scotland, what say we have a little challenge. Someone locks us in 2 identical empty rooms and shoves a plate under the door 3 times a day. Winner is the last one to go insane. Or is it too late for that?

12:02 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! God, how much I would love that! Getting locked into solitary confinement and also fed!! I would definitely murder someone if that's what I'd get! See, Adolf, you're a flatheid. Only Yogi Joes would lay down such a challenge or else if you can pick up the tab, you're on! Hotboy

12:16 AM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say HotBoy,

What a good idea it was for you to relocate to the UnHeard Ofs. What with the heatwave in Blighty, and the news from New York about extreme temperatures there, and I hear from Lee Ann's Nannbugg blog that there has been snowfall in Joburg, you must be relishing being away from it all.

Thankfully, Mrs M reports that everything is quite normal weather-wise in Kalimbuka. Rather humid, but not overly hot.

MM III

MM III

10:41 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! Grief, sorrow, lamentations ... suffering in this life! Mingin! It was surrounding me .. rem flatheid piteously wailings! Had to get away! It helps! Hotboy

1:22 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I think, therefore I am a Yogi Joe.

2:09 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

It's always about money, isn't it? Throw off your class consciousness and be free! I did.

2:11 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

What are you doing there, I am confused!
Where exactly do you live Hotboy? Scotland, Unheard Island(?), UK, Antartic?

I am having trouble keeping up, sorry!

You are in a cave?

6:27 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: You're confused! I'm the one who doesn't know where his mind is. Think how I feel! Hotboy

8:37 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

No offence, but isn't it time for a fresh post? Or do I have to do that for you too? Would that help?

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.