Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ra Second Day Back!

Tuesday 8:45 p.m.
I told someone at a thingy for librarians today that I had a web page with a couple of kids' books on it. She said she'd have a look. I forgot to ask her to be my agent. I must be losing heart.

Anyway, I got a message from geocities which I cannot understand. The page has been getting about 10 to 14 hits a week recently. God only knows how! But I suspect most of them are spam robots or martians because they only stay on the site for zero seconds. I mean, that's not long: no seconds at all. This is the message I got from geocities. Does anyone know what it means?

It said: We're writing to notify you that your Yahoo! GeoCities free web site http://www.geocities.com/madyamika2000 was unavailable to visitors 4 time(s) in the past 90 days because your site exceeded its bandwidth limit.

Bandwidth, or data transfer, is a measure of the amount of information that your web site visitors view and download. Your free GeoCities web site comes with a healthy 3GB of monthly bandwidth, which is measured each hour. Whenever you exceed that limit, your site becomes unavailable for up to one hour.

A novel on that webpage probably comes in about 500 k. Whatever that means! Some are under three hundred.

It says it has a 4.2 MB limit per hour downloading on the site.



Even although I'm in the middle of writing one, (well, at the end really!) I've decided I can't really like novels. I almost never read them anyway. But I'm going to try and read one as part of my new turning over of the new leaf. It's called The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Bet I don't finish it!

Only one motorist lost the rag at me today. Motorists don't seem to like driving much, not with me around anyway!

5 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I suppose one of those 4 visitors could have been the big one.

When I lived in Australia, on one occasion a meathead leaned out of a passing car and tried to push me off. That didn't help. I thought of designing a bike-mounted paint spray can for retaliation, but I'm too busy to follow through on the idea.

11:18 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Sorry, but half this post has disappeared. I re-wrote it and it disappeared again. Hmmm? Hotboy

9:58 AM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say!

"When I lived in Australia, on one occasion a meathead leaned out of a passing car and tried to push me off." At first I thought you meant that he tried to push you off Australia.

I say HotBoy - if visitors to your site download lots of material, then that might have an affect on bandwidth. Perhaps your files are very large.

I'm sure that helps.

MM III

1:46 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say HotBoy!

Have you considered making a fortune with your website via Google AdSense?

MM III

1:53 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! I have considered making a fortune in many ways, but not that way. If you want the job, you can have ten percent off the top! Hotboy

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.