Friday, August 18, 2006

Ra Early Morning!

Friday Morning. 00:45 a.m.
Close the eyes. It's like a slightly throbbing of ra bliss globule, out the front like a circle stretching down to your chest. (Let's do some real time blissblogging! I'll try it touch typing and it'll end up in Bulgarian!)

There is a little noise, but not a roaring yet. Ra bliss lifts and stretches and pulls your face into a rictus grin. After sitting for a little while curiously satisfied in a clear bright globule of ra bliss. ...Do a breath. There seems little obstruction to the after effects of the vase breathing. It just soars. I'll try a big one this time.... too blissed to be buggered trying to describe this. Everything has expanded and deepened again. And I'm hardly even trying.

I think sobriety has a lot to answer for here! I'll finish this blogging and get back to sitting up in bed, doing ra bliss, which is what I was doing. Describing ra bliss is way beyond me.

What a great day I had today! Meditated in the flat this morning then at the allotment. Came home with a cabbage, tatties and some turnips. Made the bread and soup, then wrote for three hours. Then evening I went round to Shiva's to get some more time on the nazi bike.

Shiva said Realism by Anthony Neilson got a great review in the Guardian. Well deserved really! They screwed up the end though. They didn't give the actors a curtain call. That just gave the audience an uneasy feeling to go home with. But it was wonderful picaresque piece of theatre really.

I've only got the last chapter to work on and then this draft of my novel will be finished. The last book I got published was written in about four months from start to finish. This book is no bigger and has taken me over two years already. I was working part time then as well, but not meditating for so many hours a day. "Are you boys cyclists?" was laugh to write though!

While I was looking around for the hard copy of my novel, I found the first three chapters of the book by the sensei and reverend. I emailed the agent Robert Dudley and he agreed to have a look at the beginning. And he said he'd accept it by email, so I forwarded his reply to the sensei, who seems to have not starved to death yet!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

I hope you have a beautiful weekend Hotboy!
~xo

5:47 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say HotBoy!

Is this new book a story about your fourtieth birthday?

MM III

7:57 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! It's not about families, or relationships. It's not got a broad sweep. It's not for reading on a beach. There isn't any sex in it. Nobody gets murdered or raped or any of that. But the only joe or josephine who could write it was moi! So it's an expression of moi-ness and the alphabet. And it's not very good. But it, as usual, is the best I could do at this point in time. It's been very hard to write because it upsets me as I write it. Catharsis. Writing as therapy. People should, however, try to be creative in their own time. It won't sell. Nobody will buy it. It will not make any money. That does not matter. It kind of matters that it's good and that it's finished. Ars longa vita brevis. I owe to myself to try and write things. When I'm dead and be reborn, I'll have the effort in the tank, one hopes. But, of course, that's just silly. There is no you and no me. Ars longa vita brevis! Hotboy

11:44 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I had to look up "picaresque" in the dictionary. Learn something every day.

Your comment is what I've been telling you for years! You don't get the catharsis unless you do the upsetting stuff. Most blissheids don't get the catharsis, because they won't face the upset. You're coming on. It helps.

Will you be sticking it on the Wonderful Writings site?

4:37 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

When it's finished, yeah!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.