Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Rose Happy Days!

Wednesday 13:52 p.m.
Sometimes this morning I felt so happy that I wouldn't be at my work this afternoon! I try to gauge how I feel as a pointer to the rest of the week when I get home on a Wednesday. Happy, happy days are here again!!

I'm away to my allotment on this sunny Wednesday afternoon and I will concentrate on feeling wonderful!

5:12 p.m.
I went to the Botanic Gardens instead since it was so sunny. I sat under a tree which had a label on it saying: Tilia Plattphylis, I think. After meditating till my legs were stiff, I lay down on the grass and fell asleep. I just love catnapping like that. Anyway, I noticed the leaves on the tree were not all that dissimilar to two leaves I have nearby just now. These are souvenirs Shiva brought me from Bodhi Gaya, from the clone of the original Bo tree, under which the Buddha became enlightened. I've no idea what a Bo or Bodhi tree looks like.

Under the Bo tree
Joy without passion
Love without desire
Radiant light.
Something else from the wall.

And now to do some work on my book!

11:18 p.m.
The free ticket fairy took me to the Lyceum tonight to see a play called Realism. I've seen the playwright. He had a play on at the same time as me at the Traverse Theatre about 1989, but the rehearsal schedule kept us apart, and we never spoke when we were in the same room anyway. That's weird. I never speak to people I should even if I want to. I've got the networking demolition syndrome. I think one time I thought it was being cool.

The lead in the play was Stuart McQuarrie who was brilliant. I'm a fan of Stuart McQuarrie's. He appears very natural. The words seem to be his. He was very good in the play and the character he played was called Stuart McQuarrie. How weird is that? Maybe it's something to do with the title, but it's still naff. But it was a good night in the theatre. I thought at the time that it might have a wee problem with dramatic shape, but the more I think about it the better I like it. Some bits were very good and the production was superb really. The Lyceum is a really nice theatre; quite plush and not too big.

Stuart McQuarrie was in a play I had on at the Traverse the year before I had on the second one at the same time as the Realism playwright ... Anthony Neilson! That's his name. One neuron left! So I saw Stuart McQuarrie in rehearsals. A playwright called Stuart Hepburn had a play on at the same time, but I can't remember the name of his play. No neurons left. Stuart McQuarrie was superb in it. A real treat to watch. The play was much better than mine as well. C'est la vie!

I wrote about eight plays in ten years and then stopped. What was all that about?

No work till Monday. Thank you, God! Thank you!

8 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Joy without passion
Love without desire


That is sad Hotboy!

Hope you have glorious bliss today!

8:26 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Sadly, that's not the only thing that's sad.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

What if it was the other way around.
Joy without desire
Love without passion
Mnnn? I got it from Shiva and he wasn't sure! Hotboy

12:25 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Happy Wednesday, love me and the margaritas... sweet dreams!

4:35 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Sounds eventful, but restful!

6:11 PM  
Blogger keda said...

anything without passion is a little sad i think.

i do that not speaking to people thing too... stared with 'cool' moved to embarrassment morphed again to sloth.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Yeah, why did you stop writing plays?
Great that you are off work til Monday...lucky!

11:43 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Hey, I do the silent treatment thing too. Perhaps that was on the curriculum at E.U.?

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.