Saturday, August 19, 2006

Rem Smokey People!

Saturday 11:19 a.m.
Brian Wilson has invited me to cruise the bars of this wonderful festival city this afternoon, but since I'm teatotal I had to ask him to desist. Also, I'm broke till I get paid next Friday. Spontaneously doing the same thing last year was one of the highlights of the festival for me. Were you allowed to smoke in pubs last year? I can't remember. Yes, you must have been. Changed days!

It's all gone too far! You can't smoke on stage, which is just plain stupid. In Petrol Jesus Nightmare, one of the actors rolled a joint and pretended to smoke it and pass it on. I mean, it's a bit silly if he has to puff on it and can't light it. The boy playing Winston Churchill had the same problem. It's just stupid. Busted was a play I wrote about the cannabis laws. A version of it toured and I re-wrote it for the fringe. Apart from Dario Fo, I still haven't seen anything funnier on a stage. Anyway, the actors were smoking dope throughout, or supposed to be!

I re-wrote it for the fringe when I was still in Australia, where I spent a year housewiving in 1990. I remember thinking that all my problems were solved. I thought I had totally cracked it. Tom Stoppard became Tom Stoppard through getting a play done on the fringe. I was so happy with the version I wrote in Australia I thought the same thing would happen to me! I'm going to be rich! I'm going to be rich! Of course, I didn't take any money from the company who performed it on a profit share basis and never made a penny from it. If you performed it today, you'd get busted for the tobacco smoke. How ironic!

1:21 p.m.
Hello, Jack the spam robot, the Masai Warriors, Martians and any other flatheids who do not meditate and will never get ra bliss!! This is RaBlissBlog, here to tell you poor, sad flatheided basturns all about ra bliss! I've meditated today for about three hours and each one was better than the last. In between I did a tai chi set. Feel the power! Tai Chi sets in combination with meditations are a different kettle of fish. I can't explain ra bliss. I cannot demonstrate it. I cannot show it to you. I'm afraid you're just a non-meditating, sad basturn, Jack!

Are you scared of dying, Jack. Today I laugh at all that! Tis a good day to die! I'm shortly going cycling with the Poisonous, which is actually quite safe since there's a better chance of the Himalayas going flat than Poisonous offering to buy you a pint!

00:10 a.m.
As we cycled the cyclepaths in this wonderful city this afternoon .... the cyclepaths are like an alternative cityscape provided by old railway lines. It's like cruising in the countryside of ex-railway lines. You're not in the city really, but still going through it.

Three hours meditation this morning and then the Poisonous and the cycling. Then a different thing was happening in the meditations early evening. Just a difference of quality which I could not ever describe to you, Jack, because you don't meditate and are like a ... unable person to descibe ra bliss to. Anyway, a subtle difference occurred. Yes, it did!

Because she doesn't seem to have as much on these days, the domestic bliss and I were out tonight ... just walking around the festival city. You should live here. I've really grown to love this place in my old age. But I can take it or leave it. I could have sat in the hut instead. But what better place is there at this time of the year than Edinburgh? I suppose it is so good because people try hard to make it like that. Well, my thanks to you! It was great walking around the city this evening!

00:45 a.m.
Just about to turn in. I'd like to say hullo to the joe from Fort Wayne, Indiana, who silently shows up on the stats. Also, to whoever you are from Valencia in Spain, a silent partner for ages. If I promise to stop drinking, will you promise to start meditating?

1 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Philip Cowie lives in Valencia.

Edinburgh is indeed lovely in August, if you can avoid the drunken bears who offer to kill you. I had two offers when I was there for a few weeks in 2004.

The Tai Chi is indeed a wondrous thing. I should get back into it, if I can find aa way to prevent the knee agony. Till then, I rely on the Chaplinesque morning dog-walk.

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.