Friday, June 09, 2006

Ra Signs!

Friday 9:09 a.m.
How weird it was to come to blog late last night and find the bloggy no longer worked! One detected a reliance, a dependence. Dearie me! Something else to be addicted to.

I had a great day yesterday. Today I will try to have a roughly similar great day as I'm not going to Bellshill today. The meditations this morning will be brilliant. You can tell. I put in a lot of work yesterday and must have done about eight hours practise.

I've had the necessary empowerments to do deity yoga, etc., but I'm doing this juju from what I've picked up in books. No one I know is interested in meditating really so there's no even anyone like that I could ask. The expression "busking it" comes to mind. ( A busker is a person who plays a guitar, etc., on the street ... forget it!) .

My meditations start with a very long rigmarole of visualising all kinds of gurus, dead folk I've known, etc.... anyway, they're working, but I know I'm not doing them right. I assume there is a right way to do them.

It clearly says in The Book of the Three Inspirations by Tsongkhapa, a forerunner of the Dalai Lama, that you should view the navel symbol from inside the central channel. The central channel runs down your spine. So you have to view the symbol from a place near your navel? Like, you're viewing something from near the bottom of your spine.

What can this mean? If you try to imagine a triangle where your navel chakra should be, you naturally tend to be looking down, not looking across. Your normal viewpoint is from your head, surely. I assume you have to imagine going down your central channel until you get to the navel chakra then stop and view it from there. The central channel is blue. I assume you imagine going down there starting with the crown chakra and moving down as you would moving down through the body of a deity.

This might not be making a lot of sense to you if you don't play these mind games, but this is an important technical point and thinking about it now will help me this morning when I'm doing it out in the lobby.

I have been practising moving down the central channel for some time. You step into your own head as if it was that of a deity and you become the white triangular shape there (it points down!) . You're surrounded by blue. And you just slip out of this shape and move down till you get to the navel chakra. You can imagine the other symbols stretching way above your head.

Lama Thebten Losal who authored the Bliss Of Inner Fire says you have to "penetrate " the navel symbol to gain success in raising inner heat.

Does this mean that you imagine yourself to be the navel symbol? I can't see what else it could mean.

So you're imagining you are the navel symbol. Where is your focus as you're sitting there? It has to be on your navel symbol somehow, looking down, while you are the navel symbol.

Then what about the blue, white and red tubes going up your body?

What a muddle! I do love this stuff though. It's kind of quantumy somehow. Also, when you imagine yourself in the mandala (still bloody hopeless at this) you make an offering of everything to a buddha (Dorje Sempa) who looks exactly like you. Then you are supposed to become the thing you're making the offering to!

You can see why doing straight calming meditations are a bit easier.

We lost the folk who come here looking for sexual perversions there, eh, Jack! The Masai Warriors are looking a bit flat footed now alright! This is RaBlissBlog telling you that the mind game is the only game in town. Here comes ra bliss! Here comes ra heat!

1:25 p.m.
Meditated till quarter to one. That involved three sitting sessions interupted by a head stand and a Tai Chi set. So pleased I kept up with the Tai Chi. It's only easy to do when you can't do it. Doing it these days between meditation sessions feels very powerful. But the best thing about the morning was that I managed to sit in a full lotus for the last session. Yes! It felt a little tender for the first five seconds, but then it went away.

The Dalai Lama says you should at least start these sessions in a full lotus since it makes it easier for the airs to enter the central channel. But it is a great position to sit in. So strong and stable.

It's overcast today. Humid and almost foggy. The plus side of this is that The Botanics and the allotments will be quieter. I appreciate that not many people are fortunate enough to have a day like this off work. I am a fortunate creature.

Everybody knows if you don't do anything with your body, it's goes slack, atrophies and gets sick easier. The same thing happens with people's minds. Most folk don't get much wiser just because they're older. The habitual tendencies dig deeper grooves and folk sometimes get more resentful and stupider the older they get. Well, it's not happening around here, Jack.

There's no one I'd swop places with right now. I can sit in a full lotus! I can do ra bliss and I can get some heat. One of these days I may experience primordial awareness, non-dichotomous, non-dual, and very, very nice. Shame to be surrounded by folk who are too dumb to meditate, but it's not my fault! What a great afternoon I'm going to have!

00:26 a.m.
After midnight on a Friday and fully compis mentis. How odd!

It was kind of foggy today and got very foggy tonight. It wasn't that foggy when I got to the allotment this afternoon. I felt a bit tired and instead of going into the hut, I lay down on the wee path beside it and tried some yoga nidra. Started dozing off. Someone squealed and wakened me up with a start. It was the American lady with the loud voice coming upon this prostrate joe, probably dead. Maybe lying down in the open air like that and dozing off isn't normal.

Very productive day! The meditations have moved on again. So I'm watching Poland versus Ecuador at the World Cup and doing the breaths. They work if you just do them. You're getting bliss and heat without meditating. I'm not normal. Definitely not normal. Looking forward to the meditations tomorrow. Very much so!

So it's goodnight and sleep well from Edinburgh, from RaBlissBlog!

4 Comments:

Blogger keda said...

blugger was pissing my unelightened self off so much the last few days that i even started thinking about the old ckakra cleansing stuff a friend of mine tried to teach me a few years back.
apparently you have to work form the root upwards, visualising each chakra as a different colour room, cleaning it out, mopping, dusting, washing etc. then throwing open the window to fields or sky or sea of the same colour and breathing in its fresh air. as you leave each room you have to take out a bin bag full of the derbris. i had problems with that bit. where do the bin bags go? and they were always black. which clouded my mind.
anyway usually even if i could'nt manage to actually meditate, i'd be so annoyed about all the bloody bin bags clogging up my meridian lines i'd forget my original problem.

i have recently installed those modern hoover things with which you just plug the sucky pipes into the walls in my chakra rooms and the shit goes outside somewhere where i dont need to worry about it.
my body and mind feel a lot cleaner now thanks.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Keda: That was funny! Sounds like a good visualisation trip. Bin bags? There's always something! Hotboy

1:27 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

I say Hotboy!

I am very much anticipating meeting you either tomorrow, or the next day, down at your hut when, as promised, I shall undertake a video interview of you explaining your view on 'RaBliss'.

MM III

11:27 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! I think a bit of silence on my part might be called for here, especially since it's all in this blog and nobody seems to be able to understand a blinking word I say! Enunciating minus the eight cans of beer and fully utilising the lips, teeth and gums might help!Hotboy

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.