Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ra holidays again!

Wednesday 1:13 p.m.
It's a lovely day. I couldn't stay on to do any overtime today because it is a lovely day. I don't have to go to work again till Monday and that makes me so happy. I've got nothing planned. I don't have to do anything. I don't have to see anybody. This week will be better than last week. What more could a body ask for? I'm off to the allotment. And I don't have to do anything there either. What a fortunate creature I am!

11:35 p.m.
In the summertime on a day like today you can clip shades onto your spectacles, and then no one will know you're not normal as you seemingly stare down at the book in your lap, your eyeballs rolled up to the top of your head. I'll try it tomorrow. I'm not used to it being sunny yet. Maybe it'll be sunny tomorrow as well. Today, I went to the Botanical Gardens after sitting in the hut for a bit.

There's a wee garden hidden away beside the big house in the middle of the Botanical Gardens. Not many folk know it's there. The entrance does not invite. If you go in and someone is sitting on the one bench, you always go away since it seems as if you might be intruding somehow. You'll definitely go away if someone is sitting in a half lotus on the bench with his eyeballs rolled up to the top his head!

I'll go back tomorrow if it's sunny. I'll take food. There's enough of a lawn there to do a Tai Chi set in no bother. The grass is covered in daisies just now. The rest of the Gardens is very beautiful at this time of year when the sun shines. It's only five minutes from here, a stroll across Inverleith Park. What a fortunate creature I am!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

I love the Botanical gardens. We have a real nice one here.
I love your positive karma, and I agree that we are fortunate creatures.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: Had a job leaving a comment on your HNT today. Last night bloggland was down for a bit here. Any signs of collapse where you are? Hotboy

10:38 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

You are indeed a fortunate creature, being in Edinburgh. Spare a thought for me in the freezing winter here, now that the temperature has dropped lower than a Scottish heatwave.

As you know, I'm not competitive, but I must tell you - I don't have to work again till next Thursday! Monday, normally my other working day, is the Queen's birthday holiday on the UnHeard Of Islands. Thank the Tao for the monarchy!

Nothing planned for a whole week! God save her majesty.

Your surreptishifying sunglasses reminded me of my youth, i.e. quite recently, sitting at the back of the bus, er, waving. Can't beat it. Against the Taoist rules now of course. Everything balances up.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.