Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Ra Here We Go!

Wednesday 10 p.m.
Sober and straight. Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow. You could hardly stop it today, even if you wanted to. I've said it before, but I'll say it again ... ra bliss seemed better today. Hello, ra heat! Who knows where we'll be come Monday?

Bush just came on the telly. State of the Union. He's gone green! Then the newscaster says he hasn't gone green. Thank god for that! It was looking as if my personal central heating system would be in place just in time for the Gulf Stream to shut off. Then Scotland would be like Moscow or Inqaluit, near Forbisher Bay where Eric (samsaramon's man) might be protecting the family jewels from frostbite while wishing he had something better to read!

If I close my eyes just now ... you see the expansion and feel the bliss coming on. Then it starts to get warm!!

Watching the footie on the telly before doing this. Sitting there on the floor (they way I always do!) and feeling the lovely stuff moving arond inside and pushing deliciously here and there at the edges of the envelope.

Chasing after agents was something to do. Go through the motions. Going part time at work and the kid going to Art School, and I had (have?) to make the effort to contribute. I would like to get some money for the Samye Ling as well, but my brother was right when a long time ago he said he could make more money selling goat's milk (he had two!) than I'd ever make by writing. But that doesn't matter. I suppose I'll have to hustle something, but I don't care. What more could I ask for out of this life, this wonderful life which I have led?

I got books published, plays produced. I got to be the primary carer of my very excellent daughter. And I have a guru who I am convinced is a total master of the juju. If I go the black spot right now ... it would be nice to be of some use before I kick the bucket, but in terms of the shape my life has taken I have no complaints at all! And the best may well be in front of me. How many joes can say that the week before their fifty fifth birthday.

I will continue to write this current book at my own pace. I'm going to try and not rush, or even push it too hard. The sensei and reverend said after I complained about The Buddha and the Big Bad Wolf being dead in the water after Element Books, who wanted to publish it, rolled over and rather unexpectedly died that I should bear witness. So I should. Whether it gets published or not doesn't matter. I can stick it on my webpage. Maybe I could stick bits on my blog! I'll go and find the prologue. Back in a tick!

PROLOGUE

If God dealt drugs, the hit he would give himself would be the one called bliss. The bliss is the best of feelings. If you can think of a feeling better than bliss, you might as well call that feeling bliss.
I know about bliss and this book will tell you about bliss, and where to find it. Being a novel, it doesn't matter if you believe the story, just follow it along. There will be disembowellings and murders right from the start, but remember the stuff about the bliss is the true stuff. The rest, describing some of the awfulness indubitably taking place in a bog standard secondary school near you, is just a way to keep you reading about the bliss..
So here it starts with Badger Barbossa, hereafter referred to as Fatboy ...going to meet his doom ....

Of course, it might not read quite like that after another fourteen re-writes in longhand whilst staying in a small English seaside town, but you get the drift maybe. I've probably got a better chance of winning the lottery than getting it published, but who gives a fung for I am now for sure one of creation's most fortunate creatures, a HotboyMadyamikaSurfingTheOceansOfBliss!

3 Comments:

Blogger zomba said...

I say!

Chin up.

Goats milk is, overall, quite big business hereabouts. Goats milk keeps (I am guessing) half the world nourished.

MM III

12:17 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

The prologue didn't appear with the right indents, etc., so I won't bother with that again!
MM: Goats have not very nice eyes, don'y you think. Chickens are sometimes pretty. Do you have them in the Bongo? Hotboy

1:06 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Can you tell us more about the goat. Maybe a photo?

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.