Sunday, January 29, 2006

Ra Weekend End!

Sunday 5:40 p.m.
Been quiet for a bit. Last weekend we saw our friend in the hospital and that was that. This weekend I saw the Poisonous for about half an hour on Saturday afternoon. I managed to tell him I was going to become a great yogi. As usual, he seemed hardly impressed.

I'm always trying to do hard things. Or, maybe I just try hard. The two hard things I'm trying to do just now are write my novel and do the juju.

I've just finished the first three chapters of the re-write and it's going quite well, but it's slow. It's slow because of the juju. Meditating is taking up the time. Probably twenty hours since Thursday morning. I know I want to do it. I know I get ra bliss, but it's still hard.

Read about a boy called Gogol. While writing Dead Souls he thought he needed a spiritual awakening and went into the fasting and praying, and all that. Result: nervous breakdown. No, we don't want that. Neither do we want the drink to rot our brains so that we blow them out like the great Ernest. As usual, looking for the middle way and not knowing where it is.

I'd like a result. I want to stop and say, that's it. I don't have to do this anymore. The juju has been done. I've got a big smile to show for it. I don't think this happens.

No beer last night. Lay on the floor for a bit and had great bliss and the vase breathing was working as well. This is wonderful. Even over a couple of weeks, I can see definite progress. Also, ra bliss itself is changing. What happens with some of these vase breaths I cannot describe, but it is the best of feelings. I mean, shockingly better than anything else. But you don't just get it and you can't just (usually!) turn it on. It's work. Yes, but what a fortunate creature to be able to do it!

I jiggered my knee somehow on Friday. It's much better today. After seeing our friend in hospital last week, I'm not complaining about a sore knee. You just step out the door and there it is: grief, sorrow, lamentations ... suffering in this life! Back to the lobby. Here comes ra bliss! Here comes the heat!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Can you send a bit of Rabliss along my way? I think I am in need. Just a little. Good luck on both fronts. I am not sure which I would have the tougher go at!

P.S. Election results...Conservatives win a minority gov't with a slight margin. Next the Liberals, then the Bloc and then the NDP. I think its the best of a bad situation. I still can't say the new PM's name without spitting

11:03 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

So much would I love to send the bliss your way, Heather!If only I could! I guess this weekend Eric has gone to the igloos. Or the tent at 30 below. Life's a struggle. They told me that when I was a kid. They were dead right! Still, you've got the best wee photie (of the caterpillar) on the net. Always love to see that. The Domestic Bliss is taking me to Amsterdam a week on Thursday! All the bliss from me to you and Eric and the kids. Hotboy

11:53 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

heather - you'll be able to use your credit card at the sponsored meditation site.

HB - will that be a grass tour or beer tour of Amsterdam? Perhaps both. How does the bliss work on foreign soil?

10:54 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

I am glad you are getting some good writing in! No beer?

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.