Thursday, January 12, 2006

Ra Thursday again!

Thursday 5:15 p.m.
I started meditating in the lobby at half nine this morning. Had lunch and a coffee break, and stopped at 4:45 p.m. I suppose you could say I didn't do much today.

I checked the blog at lunchtime and was amazed to see that Eric, samsaramom's man, says he's downloaded all the books on the webpage. That kind of thing makes you wish you'd spent a bit longer writing them. He's going to be in a tent up at the Arctic Circle reading them, accompanied by the Canadian army. Massacres and mayhem! It's not my fault, honest!

Yesterday, I tried to change the copy of Ancient Futures on the webpage since Beef McDuck said I'd uplifted a copy with some pages missing. Tentatively, I checked the site today (maybe third time since it's been up!) and something seems to be downloading alright. I hate having anything to do with stuff like that and exited the page immediately. However, I tried to find it on google by typing in John McKenzie's Wonderful Writings!, which is what it's called. Zip! It's not coming up anymore. I wonder why that is. Adolf, apart from taking naked photies of himself showering in the toilets on the Unheard of Island, is a computer expert. How come Google can't find it anymore then, Adolf? And if Google isn't listing it, how come folk are still finding it?

What have I done today? That's right, I've read most of the Times. The most stressed out group of workers in the world? Librarians! I could have told you that. The boy thought it was something to do with the libraries. No, no, no, no! People prone to stress become librarians because they think it's a nice quiet job. Then they sit there and go mad. My excuse is that at least I'm trying to go mad. They're c0ming to take me away, ha, ha! Adults sometimes pretend you're sane when you're not. Kids are harder to fool. When I started in my current jobbie, one kid called me The Mad Librarian Who Can Stand On His Head. Dances with Books! Falls Down When Drunk! I wonder what eskimos call each other. Mr and Mrs Frozen Noses? Enough of this nonsense! I have to go and write my book.

10:06 p.m.
The flat has been empty this evening again, so I didn't really finish meditating till about quarter to ten. Wrote for a whole hour! Did the shadow boxing routine. Spoke to the Domestic Bliss for half an hour. Showered. That was about it apart from meditating. It's not all bliss when you put in a day like this. Not for me, not yet anyway. You're making an effort most of the time. For some reason, there seems to be more of ra bliss after eleven in the morning and after nine at night. That's ten hours apart. It would make sense if it was seven in the morning and five in the evening. But why? Why at these times?

Had a thought today. It'll be a shame to die before I know who I am. Just drifted in that one. Still, suppose it's an improvement on Oh No!

3 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

In Google just now, I put quotes around "McKenzie's Wonderful Writings", and the first page of links included several to BITBOOKS, plus one to Barry Graham and one to my own wonderful writings. All of them connect in turn to your site. Why your site isn't found directly? I haven't time to pursue that right now as I'm off sadly to a wedding, but have you introduced any typos recently? That would do it.

Happy to help.

2:01 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

I do hope that's not all that's keeping you alive.

I read somewhere that dentists are the most suicidal profession. My own dentist probably takes antidepressants before I visit.

2:08 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! Thanks for checking that! How things work is a mystery to me! So that did help!Hotboy

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.