Monday, January 09, 2006

Ra Monday Back!

I went to see Shiva yesterday. Since he is a Hindu God and an embodiment of bliss, we had a wee chat about ra bliss. Shiva looked up some old Hindu books. Ra bliss all over the place! I was rather pleased to see this.

Sometimes when no one else seems to be getting any of ra bliss, you think it might be only you. A little doubt creeps in. Why are they all flatheids? As far as I know, the end result of calming meditation is physical bliss and mental ecstasy. It shouldn't matter where you're from or how you do concentration and calming stuff, the end result is ra bliss. It's just that I read in someone's blog that in zazen you're supposed to be ... bored? Does no one in the zen tradition talk about bliss? I know you can have a very clear mind without too many thoughts arising. But what about ra bliss. Surely, at some point ra bliss has to check in.

This year will be a fabulous one for ra bliss!!

I forgot! I'm supposed to be trying to get a literary agent. Well, I sent four packages with cuttings, reviews, c.v., etc., to four kidbook publishers about six weeks ago, maybe. I knew at the time that this might puzzle whoever was doing the slush piles because I didn't send three chapters, but I did send a S.A.E. So instead of sending the three chapters right back, they had to think. Six weeks of finking! Anyway, Chicken House did get back to me. Chicken House is a wee publisher, set up by a Barry Cunningham, who seems to have been intrumental in getting Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone into print. Anyway, someone there asked to see three chapters and I sent them about a week ago. So I should get back to them about mid-February. But if you don't go through the motions ....

I checked out a wee bit about zazen on the net. One boy said it was about sitting and just letting thoughts go. One of the three things I'd read about thoughts before (while meditating ) was to let them go. You can also try to transform them or cut them off.

Meditating without support is tough. A part of the lineage prayer used at the Samye Ling asks to be in a state where you're meditating without support. A mantra is support. A point in your body is support. A visualisation is a support. Merely attending to the breath is using a support.

But meditating without support must still be a calming meditation. I don't see how it won't lead to bliss if it's a calming meditation. Bliss, like everything else, is illusory. I think everything not simple must be illusory. It has to be misapprehended. If it's got parts, it must change. But what's simple?

I'll have to find out a bit more about zen. According to stuff I read before taking up this vajrayana juju, bliss is the first two stages of samadhi and has to be endured. I think what I'm essentially supposed to be doing is combining bliss and emptiness. I assume that means that y9u sit in ra bliss and if any thoughts arise (I assume bliss is also some kind of thought/sensation), you let them go, or do an analytical job on them if you think that would help.


Shiva hasn't got any money. Or, he's trying to budget since, being a Hindu god, he hasn't got a proper job. He's not spending any money. I take my hat off to that boy! I'm already five hundred quid in debt. The devil's in the plastic!

1 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Five hundred quid in debt! That could have bought you about 1200 bottles of home brew.

I hope that helps.

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.