Friday, December 30, 2005

Ra Year Gone!

Friday 8:10p.m.
I had a cosmic experience last Hogmanay. I'd given up ra beer again and had been teatotal all Christmas. Purification is the name of the game, I'm afraid. Anyway, the Domestic Bliss had dozed off on the couch and I was in here, the room. There was an inner heat thing happened. I thought then that if I stayed off the drink and drugs, I'd be able to change my body temprature by August. This isn't getting off your face on air. This is changing your body temprature so you can dry off wet teeshirts. It didn't happen. Though I'd managed to give up drink at least twice before for two whole years, I had a few relapses before August, but was really on the straight and narrow unless the flatheids got too close in. Then I went on holiday and what can you do on holiday? Drink beer.

So this year has been a half and half year. Half with and half without beer.

The Domestic Bliss wakened up last Hogmanay and I went out to enjoy the most miserable New Year imaginable. Completely sober with folk too old and too drunk. Well, it's not going to be like that this year. Oh no! Just wait.

2 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Eric - what's happened to heather's blog? And will you please post a report on the white beer? I'm stuck in a roasting beachside shack, and I drank the whole week's beer ration on the first day, so it's only vicarious drinking for me this New Year's Eve. Can you ask the domestic bliss for her tips on enjoying a dry Hogmanay? And tell her that her Xmas card is in the email. Or it will be.

I almst forgot - there's a nice easy New Year's tag for you here

10:11 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - Not sure if "just wait" means you're planning to get smashed or to avoid the whole mess by staying home to get heat. Surely there's no point in going out for a Flatheid Hogmanay unless you are drunk or at least open to the idea? And even then it's usually a waste of time. Mind you, I met Hary Hopkin one Hogmanay, and the rest was history.

All the best. Robmcj.

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.