Monday, December 12, 2005

Ra Light Went Out!

Monday 5:55 p.m.
Julia Churchill of Darley Anderson said she didn't want to represent Light in the Dark. That was a wee bit disappointing because there was a bit of hope. But too good to be true: the kid leaves the house; I get an agent and book deal; I leave the job share. Anyway, I've no complaints at all. Julia Churchill was civil, pleasant, read the book and didn't fancy it in the end. It's just a shame that she wasted her time.

Also, she was nice enough to give me some advice on packages. Didn't like the cuttings or the questionnaires filled in by the kids. Straight letter with three chapters and a synopsis. The magic must be in the letter because the Egors and the half wit children of the aristocrasy who man the slush piles just send my three chapters right back. But I'll bear that in mind because it's not the first time I've heard that.

I contacted Isobel Dixon to say that there was no other agents now considering Light in the Dark. I'll stick with that and try to see if I can get anyone to have a look at Bomber.

But first of all I'll start re-writing the book for grown-ups, and march on!

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Sorry to hear about that. I hope you have some good merit in this matter~

11:12 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

When I googled for "how to get agent literary OR publishing",

If you don't mind reading the 30 million replies, surely the secret is out there? My favourite was this one.

Does this help?

12:59 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Good luck with the re-writing!
Just stay positive. :)

2:39 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! That might well help. I'll have a look tomorrow again! Hotboy

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.