Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Ranother Wednesday!

1:30 p.m.
It was hard to stop smiling as I left work today. The best time to be a job share joe is when you get to walk away on a Wednesday.

I emailed Julia Churchill of Darley Anderson on Monday. It occurred to me that the Egors and the half wit children of the aristocrasy manning her slush piles might not have given her the book I sent last week. There was nothing marked on the jiffy bag. But it seems she has it and will read it this weekend and tell me something next week. You can't ask for better than that. This is a very quick bit of business really.

Then I got an email from Isobel Dixon of Blake Friedmann, another agent. It seems I sent her an email when she was dead busy during the Frankfort Book Fair (isn't that in October?). I cannot remember sending her the email. Spontaneous emailer me. Or no office skills at all. So she wants to look at three chapters. I'll send them this afternoon. She says she's up to her neck in backlogs at the moment and won't be able to read it for weeks. So if Julia Churchill wants the business, I'll email her and tell her not to waste her time. And if Julia Churchill doesn't want the business, there's another one in a million chance out there.

I was thinking if any agents had actually read Light in the Dark today. Maybe none. Nobody asked to see more than three chapters anyway. What a business! Now that someone is actually going to read it, I'm trying to keep cool. I think I made £1500 out of City Whitelight (but I got a radio play as well!) and £1,000 for Are You Boys Cyclists. Hardly life changing. But you just never know.

You've got to remember what you really want. I want to be able to raise inner heat. Sometimes I have doubts. Recently, I've been feeling some heat sometimes by just sitting still. What if I start getting really hot? The lama who wrote The Bliss Of Inner Fire says he couldn't go out in the sunshine or sit near fires when he was doing this juju. The heat must be tremendous. So lets keep hold of our bottle, keep off the weissbier and do ra heat.

I'm away to sit in my hut!

1:20 a.m.
I asked a question at an open session with Lama Yeshe Losal when I heard him first talking. I asked if it was okay to meditate before you go to sleep late at night. Or would it waken you up? He said, "When we were in Tibet, we were told that sleep is useless."

I jumped about in the kitchen to an old tape I made for boxing training about eighteen years ago. Some of the music was old then. Full Beer Monster Reduction Vehicle, the moveable sauna. Then watched David Attenborough's new show on the telly. It's about bugs. When I'm given the black spot and have to take to the morphine drip, I want to have David Attenborough shows running continually on the telly. Sound could be down. Then onto ra bliss. Think I'll sit here for a bit and get blootered by ra bliss again.

3:30 a.m.
I wonder what time it is where Adolf is in the Unheard of Islands.

After the lama said about sleep being useless, he said he allowed his students three hours sleep a night, but that was sitting up in a meditation box in a lotus position. I assume these students were doing the three year retreat. There was a nice nun asked about this regime and she said she got too tired and had to curl up in the bottom of the box. I feel right now as if I could fall in love with her. My concentration could be a lot better, but this is spade work. I'm a bit tired, but quite enjoying myself, I must say. I could actually sit in this living room and blog and bliss till Monday, couldn't I? One of these days! Even if a few eons away in a different galaxy. Hurray for the kid under the pipal tree in Nepal.

Under the Bo-tree
Joy without passion
Love without desire
Radiant light
Off the wall. The middle lines might be mixed up. Always liked the last one. That was from Shiva.

4:40 a.m.
Where did the time go? But I'm not nodding off. Usually, I can't keep my eyes open past ... I can't spell passed ... eleven at night. I'll do a dog pose then go again. Here comes ra bliss!

5:20 a.m.
What can you say about ra bliss? Ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss. That's a lot of bliss. But dozy now so off to beddy bys.

Fancy being able to stay up till after five on a Wednesday night investigating ra bliss and it not being illegal in any way at all. What a fortunate creature!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

We are getting ready to get some artic cold weather. It is going to drop to that point next week.
Hope you are staying warm in your hut!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: It was surprisingly mild this afternoon in the hut. The sky was overcast, but when it got dark I lit a fire and then came home. Hotboy

1:00 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

LA and HB - it's been chilly and wet here for weeks, then today suddenly it's tropical. We used to blame the Russians for this sort of thing. Who can we blame now?

HB - help me decide whether to use the Guano Bay or the Royal Mile para?

Re job shares. You might appreciate this. I shelved my Scotland 2006 plans when I realised that the only way I could afford it would be if I applied to do the overpaid head job next year. Yet doing the head job means you can't possibly take leave during the year. Catch 22. Or as I prefer to describe it - everything balances out.

Then today I hear that nobody else is applying for the job, because it's been announced that the work will only last till May, and nobody wants to lose the pay for June.

Nobody except someone who wants to go to Scotland in June. Yet another example of everything balancing out if you just wait.

Now I just need to persuade FIFA to re-schedule the World Cup so I can get a seat on a plane in June.

3:07 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! What a fortunate creature! You'll be able to see your mum and ask about the toilet training malarkey. Hope this helps to balance it up. Hotboy

3:28 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Will you act as a witness?

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.