Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Ra Weekend Again!

Wednesday 6:30 p.m.
I worked three full days this week. I can't believe I did that job full time for five or six years. Never again. I'd rather eat grass. Well, I'd rather smoke grass and eat lentils, but you know what I mean.

One of the great things about the job is the kids. You should have lots of family as it makes things easier if you're a kid, if your brothers and sisters are nice kids. People expect you to be nice as well and it's good if you all look like each other a bit. Because I was working on Wednesday afternoon, I met some first year kids I've never seen before. I hustled Light in the Dark to one very nice wee girl. Know her sister. Knew she'd be smart enough. Told her all about Alison Main, who is supposed to be the author. Asked the kid which one she wanted; the one with the monsters or the one with the bugs. Monsters, she said. Being a kid's author would suit me. Writing the books isn't too tough and some kids really love books. Twelve years old is about my intellectual level these days.

Julia Churchill has put me off hustling these kidsbooks. It's really not going to happen. I'm just not going to get anyone to read them just now. But the books aren't time limited and I might get something later. You never know. It took nine years to get my first book published. Anyway, I sent an email to Martina Dervis of Imrie Dervis. Looking back, I've had nice contacts with these people, including Robin Jones, I think. Anyway, I saw somewhere that she was the agent for a former poetry prodigy and biker chick, and got her published by Serpent's Tail. They published Are You Boys Cyclists. So I contacted her about Bomber. Nothing should happen of course, but these agents do translation work so they're probably not thick.

Discovered that the Dalai Lama is coming to Edinburgh on Saturday to have a dialogue at the Usher Hall. Sold out. Once down at the Samye Ling, he stared at me for maybe four seconds. I was at the temple stairs with the kid and I was standing a bit apart (as I do!), not waving or anything. Better to take the stare. That man is definitely not normal. I've had two interesting dreams with him featuring. I think I'll go up to the Usher Hall on Saturday anyway. I'll wave and smile this time!! Maybe.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Don't give up hope with your books. It will happen for you. Definitely go to Usher Hall, that is very cool.

11:58 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

All the things I can think of to say are potentially offensive to somebody, so I'll say nothing.

9:57 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

My Dear Hotboy,

Yes, I'd read about His Holiness visiting your town. Most exciting! Is one allowed to ask questions of him? If so, you could ask him "What is RaBlss?" Then we could all learn.

I say, Mr Robmcj - you seem to be recycling comments! Is that your latest blog marketing whizz? Visit hundreds of other blogs, leave a message which could mean anything, and wait for the return visits, so that they view your bandage?

MM III

6:57 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

MM, I mean Carsey - it is indeed a good likeness. Re the comment technique - try it yourself, you'll never go back to writing meaningful comments.ewepjcrw

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.