Thursday, November 10, 2005

Ra Bye Bye Beer!

Thursday 9:30 p.m.
On the first evening of the NoBeerNoMore, it's all quiet here on the Western Front. Had more or less the day I'm supposed to have. Did two short sessions on the book and I could sort of almost remember why I used to like writing books, so that was good. I sat in the hut for a couple of hours in the late afternoon. Did the physical jerks when the Domestic Bliss went out and lay in the bath. I've got lying in the bath down to a tee! Then another hour's meditation and here we are. Don't miss the beer at all. Though I truly have deeply fallen in love with it this time. Every time you start on the beer after a long absence you learn something. This time I learned about Weissbier. A truly wonderful product. Though I don't miss it. Certainly not. No way! Good boy!

It was a miserable, wet afternoon. I love that. If you've got a brolly, you're unstoppable. The allotment is great when it's drizzle, wet or otherwise horrible. The earth stealing old men go away. I've been keeping my eyes closed a lot these days due to getting such oddles of ra bliss. So outside the hut it can be as miserable as it likes. Cocooned in ra bliss, I was.

The difference between the level of the allotment and the level of the paths seems to have changed a little. It seems as if my earth has grown, or swelled up. Maybe the earth stealing old men have taken pity and put some of their stolen goods back. It might be the rain. Does the earth swell in the rain? Is my allotment starting to breathe? With water? The earth's breathing in and out rain? Get away!

3 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Sorry to hear she had to go out and lay in the bath. Are there no inside toilets where you live? I'll have a word with the old dear, ask her to speak to the feudal landlord at church on Sunday.

I think maybe the volume of the absorbed water makes the ground swell, then as it evaporates the air moves in to fill the space around the grains of dirt. Either that or you've got some subterranean fermentation going on there.

Which reminds me - it's Half Drunk Friday. I'm going out now for the first Friday night in maybe a decade. Have you any further advice about how to love the bottle?

4:06 AM  
Blogger Hotboy said...

Eric: It is a shame about the beer. I'm on my second whole day without one! Still, I'll be back ... when I'm down to 154 lbs!

6:43 PM  
Blogger zomba said...

My dear old fruit,

Abstinence - Quite honestly, never tried it myself. If the old hands start shaking, seek medical advice, otherwise full reports expected.

Got to go - Mrs Milngavie requires a topup.

MM III

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.