Monday, November 14, 2005

Rem Basturn Agents!

Monday 5:15 p.m.
Got the knockback from Julia Churchill of Darley Anderson. Rejections on your mat just as you get home from work knackered .... well, rejections aren't good anyway. So I sent this agent a pile of nice reviews from books and plays, and the questionnaires from the kids who'd read it all saying how bloody wonderful the two kidsbooks were. I didn't send them any chapters, but asked them to look at the webpage and see if they'd like to see the book. Got an email back from Julia Churchill saying she'd look at three chapters. Of what? So I sent off three chapters of both kidbooks last Monday. Back today comes the standard rejection. Of course, it's not signed by Julia Churchill. She won't have seen it. Actually, I'll email her tomorrow.

So I failed to get either of the two kidsbooks read by an agent again!! They say they get two hundred submissions a week. What? From folk with books published, plays produced, testimonials from the target audience saying how good the product is? I don't think so. Still stuck in catch 22. You need an agent to get a publisher to read stuff, but you can't get an agent to read anything. The kidbook business really sucks. However, if I'd managed to get passed the Egors and the half wit children of the aristocrasy manning the slush piles and landed on some money, I'd think somewhat differently!

Otherwise, the day was brilliant! Fantastic bliss during this morning's meditations. My mood was ten percent improved on any other time since the school started back. It's not drinking any beer. You really need your nervous system to be tuned up and squeaky clean. Which is a great shame!

10:50 p.m.
Noticed a quote from Tennessee Williams on the back of my room door. "I was still always falling down during this time, and I'd always say, before falling, "I'm about to fall down,' and almost nobody, nobody ever caught me. " I really like that sentence. It's from his autobiography, I think. Anyway, when I first saw it, I thought it was so lonesome.

Still, no beers since Wednesday last. As I came home this evening, I could see the alcohol in the off-licences alright, but no real desire. A little winsome longing perhaps. Well, it's goodbye to all that. And here comes ra bliss!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

I hope you can get past that catch 22 to get through to an agent. I know if you can do that, it will happen for you!

10:49 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Excellent quote. When you're famous, there'll be a commission for a multi-volume autobiography, and you've alread got the titles for the first few volumes there.

Still always falling down

I'm about to fall down

Nobody ever caught me

7:57 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

The concern about falling down may be related to your sexual template. Try meditating on it.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.