Sunday, November 13, 2005

Ra Sunday Post!

Sunday 11:05 p.m.
Beautiful winter's day here in Edinburgh. To the right from here, out the window along Comely Bank Road, the trees have shed their leaves and the sky is crystal clear.

Last night the Domestic Bliss took us to see A Cat on a Hot Tin Roof at the Lyceum. Brilliant production. Why are all the playwrights I like American? I used to like French absurdists when I was trying to find out about drama, but I'm stuck on Arthur Miller, Eugene O'Neill and Tennessee Williams. Odd shape, A Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, but still brilliantly written. Brilliantly played last night as well. I should check out who directed it and make sure I go to see more of that.

I haven't had a beer since Wednesday. I like to say I've felt the benefit, but I haven't. I seem to be sleeping longer, not less. This might be due to having a very slight cold (thanks Lee Ann for the good wishes!) and still banging out the physical jerks. I always feel as if I'm chasing the day if, like today, I don't get up till nine o clock.

Been fretting a little about writing my book of course. Yesterday, one of the days I've got to myself to write, I managed an hour! Meditate for four or five hours, do the training, have a bath, and that's it if you don't get up at seven. Didn't even have time to read the paper yesterday. Won't have time to read the Sunday papers either. But at least I won't be going out tonight. Hurrah for that!

This is RaBlissBlog! This is about ra bliss! I started my first real meditation of the day just before writing this and ra bliss is coming through stronger and faster. This is why the beer monster had to go. The Domestic Bliss has just gone out. Yippee! I've got two hours before any flatheid intermissions. What bliss! Then, if she can't organise something, I'll get to go to the hut and meditate till it gets dark! Then I could light a fire and see the castle lit up through the trees, and welcome the winter. Then back here. More meditating, some yoga ..... when have I got time to write my book? Sometime this evening? Who cares! This is RaBlissBlog! Let's do some bliss!

6:30p.m.
We went for a walk round the Botanic Gardens. It was cold in the wind. On the way back, I went to meditate in the hut. Did about an hour and then lit a candle. Stared at the candle. Very nice indeed. Nostradamus used to do that before making a few predictions. Edinburgh looked great when I came out the hut. It was too dark by then to think of lighting a fire, but the castle through the trees looked wonderful. Picture book winter's evening. But really great sitting in the hut with the candle and the cold and feeling very good and nobody knowing you were there. Let's have a good cold winter with lots of meditating in the hut by candelight. Long johns, a woolly hat, a body warmer, a brolly, and what could be more wonderful than sitting for hours in the cold looking at a candle. Flatheids just don't get it!

9:00 p.m.
Managed to do a couple of hours on the book, so that's just rounded off the weekend nicely. I think I'm going to really be able to get into this, but the weekend has not been great. Transitional. Getting into the book and getting off the beer. Underlying anxiety is what makes things difficult sometimes. I thought I'd have a horrible time giving up the beer. The craving and the clinging! Don't know what happened there. I just stopped. But with the writing sometimes you might have to wind yourself up a wee bit. To get a wee head of steam. But now that I've really started all I need is a routine to take the emotion out of it. It's ten past nine. This is always a great time to meditate. Here comes ra bliss!

10:30 p.m.
It's all in the zones after the vase breath. Or after what's called shooting the breath, when you breathe out. Teeshirt for advanced blissheads: It's all in the zones. After a vase breath, your head is in a completely different space. You get off the beer for four nights and you get another zone or two. Maybe I was there before the beer started in August, but I doubt it. Anyway, new zones of bliss!
Sometimes you might ask yourself, do you really want it? Can you handle it? Everytime you see that little tendril of anxiety supporting anything .... I think Bloggy is cutting out. I think things are going to get weirder. Keep hold of your bottle, as they say in these parts.

2 Comments:

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - agreed Williams and Miller (did you ever see an American TV production, NBC I think, of After The Fall)? O'Neill I don't know.

Re your question "Why are all the playwrights I like American?" - let me know if you want me to forward a confidential character analysis via email. That might help.

You say you've been sleeping longer as if it was a bad thing. There's new research that says it's only if you sleep more than about 9 hours a night, that it's bad for you. You've told us the length of your meditations and bathing habits, but not your hours of sleep, so you'll need to do the maths yourself I'm afraid, I'm pretty busy here at the Institute.

Here's another idea that might help. Like Nostradamus, light the candle in the hut, then try predicting the next chapter of your book.

When you finish that, I've got plenty more ideas that will help you with the anxiety. For example, for your debut HNT post, what about a picture of you keeping hold of your bottle?

2:22 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Edinburgh sounds truly lovely. I wish to visit someday. I am sure the theatre was great. I have heard that A Cat on a Hot Tin Roof is very good. I love the theatre. I am glad you are feeling better now.
Does Domestic bliss meditate as well?

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.