Sunday, December 04, 2005

Ra Good and Bad Fortune!

Sunday 1:30 p.m.
The amount of time I put in on Wednesday and Thursday is still boosting things. The Domestic Bliss has gone out and won't be back till tomorrow, so I've no excuses for not banging in the meditations. Which so far have been very, very good today.

I got this story from reading it to my kid when she was child. Like it a lot. There was a peasant who had a horse for ploughing. The horse disappeared on day. Everyone said what a shame. The horse came back with another horse. Everyone said what luck. They used one horse for ploughing and the other for riding about in. The peasant's son fell off the horse and broke his leg and became lame. Everyone said what a shame. Then the emperor called up all able bodied men for the army and the lame son couldn't go. What luck to have broken his leg!

Are all emotions afflictive? Is equanimity an emotion? Or an absence of emotion?

They've been doing karma in Bellshill for ages. What's in front of you won't go by you. I'm good on the news about Light in the Dark, no matter what it is. Being rich and successful might be quite nice. Being cool is always nice.

5:05 p.m.
I meditated till the back of three and then put on the Beer Monster Reduction Vehicle minus the hat, which falls off. I was going to try and do 108 sun salutations, but I stopped after 54 and meditated again for half an hour. Then I did another 54 of the jumpings. Lay in the bath for an hour. I don't think I can do 108 jumpings without a break at the moment. It a pr0blem with the lunge. If you were knackered, the lunge could turn into an awful accident!

I know with what I've done today so far that tomorrow will be a very good day unless I lose the plot completely tonight. But I won't. The telly is good. The BBC have The Story Of God on at seven, which is right up my street. At ten there's a repeat of Rome.

I was watching the original screening on Wednesday. The only thing the matter with this show is that I remember I Claudius so well from nearly twenty years ago. Anyway, it's brilliant. Some great parts for women. This noblewoman is sending her rival gifts. There's a tortoise covered in jewels and a slave with a large penis. Her daughter says the household they are sending the slave to might already have a slave with a large penis. The mother says something like, "Surely, any household can find room for another large penis." They must have had a laugh doing that scene. How did they find the actor with the large penis? It was a non speaking part. He appeared twice. The second time he had garlands on his head.

Brilliant bliss today. I'll do another hour and a half before the God show comes on.

8:00p.m.
Recorded the God show so I could meditate instead. I'm going to stop now and pretend to be normal for the rest of the evening. Apart from eat, lie in the bath and do the jumpings, I've done nothing today but meditate. I've made a bit of progress since I finished work on Wednesday. Reckon I might have done about 30 hours of meditating since then. This is RaBlissBlog investigating ra bliss! Now, I will go and investigate the weissbiers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hotboy, I commend you on all the meditation you do. I don't think I can focus on something that long. Possibly with some work.

11:23 PM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - I applied myself this year to watching the whole of I Claudius, twice over. I recommend it. Of course, it hasn't dated in 30-odd years. How could it?

This new series - the BBC web site it's by Hot Boy Office, the producers of The Sopranos. I'll give it a go if it ever reaches here.

I checked out your yoga link - it's impressive what can be done with stick figures.

6:29 AM  
Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Great story, reminds me of Ivor Cutler a bit.

How about writing about 20 of those short stories for kids? Get an artist to draw the pictures. Then simply get an agent and retire rich.

I hope this helps.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogarama Let your creative work live and breathe... Find Blogs in the Blog Directory

World Blog Directory : Listing of all possible blogs from personal pages to politically related. Manually edited.